1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW UPDATING FIRMWARE - NO CODE BEGGING HERE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Celtic71, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moggser

moggser Regular member

ok msybe im explainin it wrong ill give ya buzz tomorr as you always go dark around now

2. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Ok mate no bother

3. triggster

triggster Member

ok im here again for my forth attempt to get my original starview flashed before being binned. have switched to dads computer got winrar gtrom and cryptview but cannot find where it has gone and how do i get it into the bin file window any help or suggestions on how to find the bin file that i downloaded

4. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Right first install the winrar to the Pc

Then go back to the library and get the firmware what ever one you are using

when you download this to your Pc desktop you will see a book like icon

then you right click that icon and extract to the desktop

after that get your cables and connect them to both box and Pc

double click the red arrow loader and then browse to the first file that was in the book icon click open that will bring it on to your loader

then press download and you should see the % bar move up and when it gets to 100% wait it is not finished you will get another pop up and the box will reboot then you can take the cables off

5. triggster

triggster Member

thanks fergus, so close yet so far, as a betting man I bet this does not work ha ha probably my own stupidity is whats stopping it. I have got winrar and gtrom onto desk top its just i cant find the cryptview I have no idea how the the other 2 ended on desk top but cryptview knowhere to be found i think ill download it again and try and follow it but not too good withcomputer programms

6. malci

malci Guest

When you download anything it will ask you whether you want to open the file or save, when you click save it then asks where you want to save, choose desktop.

7. triggster

triggster Member

i have all 3 icons that each look like 3 books. Now im lost which am i right clicking on first

8. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

download another one just make sure you send it to your desktop it will look like a little book that is the firmware then just follow what i said above and you should be sorted ok

9. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

it dont matter which one you open first just remember which is which

10. triggster

triggster Member

whichever i open they dont have a red arrow!! im losing the battle any more clues

11. malci

malci Guest

Just post exactly what you have opened (What the files are) and fergus will know where you are at.

12. triggster

triggster Member

ive had enough for tonight thanks for your help so far ill clear everything off and start from scratch tomorrow -as a gambler tou have to know when you cant win walk away and try another day.I always win in the end, Thanks again and good nite.

13. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

triggster .... Since you have cleared everything and your gonna start fresh here are the direct links to GT ROM and the B1n files you need , I uploaded the GT and b1n without having to use Winr@r or WinZ1p to extract them :)

When you go to download these .. SAVE them to your DESKTOP

GT ROM Loader
    http://www.4shared.com/file/49191796/3361714/GTRom_v400.html

CryptStar-v1.4-Core400
    http://www.4shared.com/file/46699827/b260d1ca/CryptStar-v14-Core400.html

You should now have something like this below on your desktop

[​IMG]

Hope this helps :)

14. iona_ie

iona_ie Member

don't know if its of any use, but my SV3 seems to reboot at date change everynight that i happen to have it on. I uploaded the latest firmware on it and it still happens the same. Doesn't bother me but it might give the brains behind the updates an idea of where to look

15. philo1

philo1 Member

hi all
    new to your thread but have been reading posts i have a problem i have a genuine starvi*w but when i try to download the update it will not start it keeps saying error fail 0%

16. CyborCop

CyborCop Regular member

Problem with firmware updating

To see which port you are connected to, connect your null modem cable and follow the following instructions:

1. Go to the Start Menu
    2. Right click on "My Computer"
    3. Select "Properties"
    4. Click on the "Hardware" tab
    5. Click on "Device Manager"
    6. Click the + sign next to "Ports (COM & LPT)"
    7. One of the listed ports should indicate which port your cable is connected to (e.g. COM1, COM2, COM3, etc.)

Locating your cable (port *)

Right click on that port and select properties. Then select port settings, then select advanced. At the bottom of that tab will be a drop down box with the port selected (port * in your case). Use the drop down to select another port (eg 1, 2 or 3). If the port you want to use is already allocated to something else, you can use the same procedure to reassign that port after you have finished.
    Save the selections in the usual way. The cable will be permanently assigned to the port you selected.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  17. padge

padge Member

am i missing something here,when i go to the update firmware site all i get is oldish fimware dated 2008-05-06 ....so where do i find the new firmware for my gen starview........ having to manually key up at minute...

18. karljd

karljd Regular member

19. kalps121

kalps121 Member

Hiya, can anyone help me with the pvr box? im wondering if you can change the channel when ur in PIP mode? Currently when i press PIP i can only watch the same channel as i am watching at the time. plz help as it is bugging me! i have also have the oct 07 firmware already installed.

20. balcee

balcee Regular member

Hi everyone. This is completely off topic so apologies in advance.

Was after a bit of advice. I've been cleaning out the garage and found my old 'On Digital' box (Nokia MediaMaster 9850T). I've hooked it up and can pick up the standard free to air channels but the subscription channels say 'Please insert smartcard'.

Have you ever played around with these boxes? If so, how can I get past this obstacle?

Look forward to your reply.

Bal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.