1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW UPDATING FIRMWARE - NO CODE BEGGING HERE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Celtic71, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vicatron

vicatron Regular member

why wont my icon thingy work??

2. Sunnyone

Sunnyone Member

Fergus i did what you suggested and it worked a treat, Thanks very much for your help and time Cheers

3. moggser

moggser Regular member

"you ledge" lol id a called you a leg-end lol
    ah thems is jokes keep that hitman in the closet lol

4. karljd

karljd Regular member

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  5. jaymoss76

jaymoss76 Member

my starview 3 box has started rebooting again, pain in the arse! comes up on the display as Ld80?

6. moggser

moggser Regular member

karl you picked me up wrong was just messin with word from what the other lad said to ya and the hitman from your other post and could you explain how or when the alleged other time was that tried to insult you??

7. moggser

moggser Regular member

does the box still work??? had a prob like that befor reflash thebox might sort the reboot but the ld80 it will

8. max_baby

max_baby Member

Hey guys,have given up on the box coz there is analogue cable in my area and dont know when they will digitize the area.Am looking for an alternative box that i can use with a satelite dish,,,i have talked to a guys who says he has a box that gets channels worldwide and is connected to satelite dish(almost the same as the box but this is on satelite connection not cable)The guy doesnt want to give me da name of this box but wants me to pay £350.00 for him to supply the box and installation,,,,,,If anyone know what this box is then please let me know so i can buy it off the internet and do the installation myself,Am just a tight bugger thats all,dont wanna pay so much just for some thing that would be as easy to do for myself as the box.PLEASE HELP

9. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

It is called the eurovox quantam and you will get it no problem just make sure you read up about it as you have to pay for this as well the first 6 months is free after that you have to pay for the rest you will also need a motorised dish as to access all the satalites in order to make full use of this box

Please be aware that this box is not like the cable box where you can take out a basic package

10. max_baby

max_baby Member

Cheers for the information ,i will have a read about it and see if i can go for it ,will let you know how i get on.....

11. joedub

joedub Member

many thanks to celtic, scouser, all you others too many to mention
    for all the help over the last few months with starview box.
    box would be in the bin by now without your help.its great to have you guys and girls to help out a complete novice (idiot).
    keep up the good work.

12. moggser

moggser Regular member

thanks for popin back in to say thanks not many peeps do so well done on fixin your box so sit back and view happily :)

13. popotito

popotito Guest

Hi everybody I need urgent help I have an Starview Genuine box and I was trying to update it with the last firmware (following Celtic71 instructions) but I think I made a terrible mistake instead of dowloading Cryptstar I have dowloaded the box ireland, did I really f**** it? does anybody know if this can be fixed? and how? thanks

14. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Just reflash the box with the correct firmware now and you will be ok

15. popotito

popotito Guest

Thanks fergusrb I try CryptStar-v1.4-Core400.bin but with STB Model = GCR 3510 gives the message Flash update fail and with STB Model = CryptStar gives the message Error Model Name does not correct any ideas?

16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

ok are you sure you have a genuine box and what loader are you using the gtrom V4.00 is what you need

18 vent clone

25 vent genuine

17. popotito

popotito Guest

yeah using the gtrom V4.00 and it is a genuine the thing is when I select on the bin file CryptStar-v1.4-Core400.bin it keeps giving me the STB Model GCR 3510 that gave me the bin for the box ireland and I cannot change it and when i hit download says Flash Update Fail I just dont know what to do

18. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

ok try this it might work ok

first turn your box off at the back get the loader ready to flash with binfile on it

then turn the power on the box on then press the download button dont mind the gcr3510 that is the model of the box ok

Then watch the % bar go up and wait and see if that works ok

19. popotito

popotito Guest

Still doesnt work same message Flash Update File

20. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

No problem Joe , your welcome :)

popo .. when you open GT ROM Loader , leave the STB model as it is , Click on the BIN File and browse to where you have the .b1n file saved ,Make sure App File Only is selected, with your b0x on standby , click the download button

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.