1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW UPDATING FIRMWARE - NO CODE BEGGING HERE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Celtic71, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Sound mate thanks for coming back and letting us know it has worked for you and it may help other people to know

Happy viewing

2. ob1barry

ob1barry Member

just updated my orignal sv 1 to api ver 4.00e boot ver7.0
    is this correct as soon as i go to sly sports it says data being updated so i have left it for 2 hours but still updating can anyone help

3. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

Thats the old firmw@re.
    you`ll need the "Cryptstar-v1.4-genuine only" for genuine sv1
    & "Cryptstar-v1.4-Core2.57.bin" for clones.
    All the info is on page 1 of this thread.

4. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

did you put the cryptstar on your box as this is the one you need to put on it

if you have go to menu 1570 and press the default key on your box and then leave on a scrambled channel

if you have not put the cryptview on your box you will be there for ever waiting for it to update

5. ob1barry

ob1barry Member

thanks people i have now put the right software on and it works perfect. i feel like a muppet i still pay 55 a month to s*y even tho i use a cable supplier 4 my sv.

6. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

Glad you got it sorted barry. :)

7. jeffoo

jeffoo Member

please can somebody help me,i have a mate in my job who gave me his starview today, he was sayin he lost some channels so he tried a factory reset and now he has nothing, no channels, he only got the box recently updated in some shop for 25 euro, i'm not good at these things but bein stupid i said i would try, so basically all i get at min is installation, then auto search and no channels found, on the system info is API version 4.0
    thanks in advance guys for any help

8. karljd

karljd Regular member

menu-installation-make sure its set to your provider(as you dont say where you are)-automatic scan make sure the coaxil is plugged into the cable input on the box,make sure your scart from your tv is firmly fixed in the tv scart on the box.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  9. jeffoo

jeffoo Member

cheers mate, i got it sorted, it was the coaxil, i hadnt got it into the cable input, i'm stupid , thanks for the help greatly appreciated

10. karljd

karljd Regular member

good thanks for letting me no.

11. DundeeMan

DundeeMan Guest

hi all, was on the other day trying to flash my box for the first time, but when im trying to open up the gtrom file it just go's on to windows media player and says it cant open the file cos it may be compressed. am i doing it right, why cant i get it to open, can anyone help please.

12. karljd

karljd Regular member

i have just tryed that link celtic71 sent you and it opens perfectly http://www.4shared.com/account/file/49191796/3361714/GTRom_v400.html

13. DundeeMan

DundeeMan Guest

hi all, i have just done my first ever flash and the box seems to be ok. is there any way to find out if it has worked and that it will auto roll. thank

14. karljd

karljd Regular member

good man go to menu 1570 press ok on the set default key exit to sly movies and see does it update

15. DundeeMan

DundeeMan Guest

hi karl, done what you said, went to sky premiere it started to update and the picture came on, is that me sorted with auto roll now mate.

16. karljd

karljd Regular member

yeah thats you done, well done.[​IMG]

17. DesB

DesB Regular member

Evening Dundeeman, Looks like Karl beat me to it,(Thanks Karl) Delighted tosee your sorted and yes it should mean that it auto rolls.... however if your stuck, you know were to find us!!!

18. DundeeMan

DundeeMan Guest

karl, your class mate, thanks for taking the timeout to help is buddie, no more need for codes thank god, thanks again karl, all the best mate.

19. karljd

karljd Regular member

no bother mate any time thanks also to des and celt [​IMG]

20. DundeeMan

DundeeMan Guest

karl, des and celt, thanks again lads, just 1 other wee thing, it happened before i flashed it and is still doing it...when i change channels, on most of the channels, it takes for ever for the title of the program to come up, you press info and its just blank, its a nightmare, can i do anything to sort this, or is that normal, thanks again lads. hail hail

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.