1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW UPDATING FIRMWARE - NO CODE BEGGING HERE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Celtic71, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wal01

wal01 Member

thanks very much for your help karl i have just unplugged the box to try my virgin box which worked fine and when i plugged my box back in it auto rolled straight away what do you think was wrong ??

2. karljd

karljd Regular member

maybe one your connection's on the box were a bit loose,iwas just about to suggest you check them,glad your sorted.

3. slyons1

slyons1 Member

Hi All hope you can help
    I have updated a starview the box a few wks ago and had no trouble using gtromV4.00 and the bin file H200.71015_454eE.api
    I am updating my friends one now and its the same box but after several attempts using different ways of having the box on (standby.off then on )it will not work. the file downloads to the box every time and says download complete but when pluged into the tv and turned on the time is on and when i press the on button it says ON . i try menu but the screen is blank , all connections are correct . I dont understand why the other one worked and this does not.
    i am in dublin Ireland
    thanking u all in advance
    regards

4. karljd

karljd Regular member

two things first 450 is fine for Ireland so there was no need to update secondly you used the wrong loader read this courtesy of malci, here is the correct procedure for flashing The Box with versions above 4.50 and 4.51, hope it clarifies things for you.

Seen a few posts with people having problems when flashing Starview 2 The Box with firmware versions over 4.50 Ireland and 4.51 UK, below is the correct procedure and you must load 2 bin files in the correct order if you want to upgrade :-

As regards the 4.52,53,54, using GTRom 4.00 is no good, that's where people are going wrong - this is the procedure :- From V4.50/51 you must - Use the New Improved GTrom Loader Ver 4.03 for example >>>>>>>

First flash thebox_H20070814_452eE_api.bin to your box with the new GTRom.4.3
    (select as App file only)

Then flash thebox_logobg.bin to your box using the new GTRom.4.3
    (select Background Data File)

Version 4.53 For UK

If you are upgrading from 4.51 or earlier you must flash 4.53 first. then flash the logo file. If you already have the 4.52 on just flash the 4.53 straight on, no need for the logo file, you must use the 4.3 loader.

Version 4.54 for UK & Ireland

If you are upgrading from 4.51 or earlier then flash 4.54 first then afterwards flash the logo file. If you already have 4.52 on or later then just flash the 4.54 straight on without it. You must use the new Loader Software GTRom Ver.4.3

5. jesz

jesz Member

Hello I am a newbie here i have been searching upon searching this forum to get help.

I have a starview 1st generation box, not a clone (i first thought it was a clone and tried the clone software, but nothing actually happend??)

Here is the system information:

In my system information it says:
    STARVIEW
    API ver: 4.00e_E
    Boot ver: 7.0
    7.Jun.2007

This is the null modem cable i am using:

and a standard usb serial adaptor. Yes all drivers are installed on the laptop and the COM port is set fine on COM2.

Everytime i connect everything OK, and hit download with the correct software it stays at 0% and about 10 seconds later says download failed. I have tired the normal method, and the method where you turn it off hit download and then turn it on etc.

All basics are fine, key emu is ON etc. I have gone through all the forums before posting, i am quite techical minded so i thought i would be able to sort it out myself but no luck. I have even tried loading an older version on but again all i get is download failed RETRY/CANCEL. The box still works ok, and i scan all channels etc and the basic ones work but not the pay channels, it just comes up data is being downloaded and sometimes goes to 200%, flicks onto the channel and then starts the data is being downloaded again.

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Jez

6. moggser

moggser Regular member

it goes as far as 200% and restarts because the currentt firmware your usin is out o date needs updatin

also sounds lke the null modem cable gooosed get one from a friend tha works and try that

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  7. jesz

jesz Member

well the thing is everytime i try and update this firmware it never works. this null modem cable is brand new, could this still be the problem?? thanks for the reply

8. moggser

moggser Regular member

yeah most def has to be null modem cable part number l71bt where did you get it

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  9. malci

malci Guest

As moggser say's it seems to be the case, at the moment, if you definately have the USB Adaptor installed/assigned to the correct port - then you need to check and make sure that you do have a correct NULL MODEM lead and not a straight serial, check out at the link here for indentification purposes - 3rd post down >>>>>>>>>>>

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/653745#3968302

10. phill86

phill86 Member

Hi,

I am trying to update my starview 3 firmware I have followed all of your instructions but it wont work when i click the download button in the GTRom loader software the download dialogue appears and just stays on 0% i have tried leaving it for at least 30 mins and nothing happens please help

Regards Phill

11. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

just answered you on your other thread.

12. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

nice one it worked bang on thank you

13. jesz

jesz Member

hello it is 100% a null modem cable its the exact same model as mentioned on page 1. i am going to take it back tomorrow and change it for a new one i got it from maplin the exact model from page 1. it wouldent be the usb adaptor would it as is it picked up on COM port? Thanks

14. malci

malci Guest

Have you checked out the 1st page of this thread, read it fully and make sure you have the Adaptor 100% assigned to the same COM port as the loader, courtesy Celtic.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/663923

If you have everything 100% correct, then I would suggest that you think about taking it to a friends PC that has the correct connection (I.E. Standalone PC) and using the NULL MODEM lead direct from PC to Box and flash it. "Don't like them Adaptors, also are you using Vista?, there does seem a bit of conflict there as well"

15. ganscu

ganscu Member

hi i have the box with 4.50e-E on it is this the news framware or is it 4.45 (IRL) ihave the v.4.3 loder .wath is the logobg.bin for?. as i did not put this on also wath is the freq for MGM? is it 363500 or changed? thanks

16. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

4.50 is the correct firmw@re for the b0x in Ireland.
    Freq for MGM Movies is 363.000 on n*l

17. ganscu

ganscu Member

thanks"" all back after man scan

18. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

Glad you got it sorted :)

19. mumto4

mumto4 Member

Can someome please enlighten me on what this firmware does? Does it mean that i will not have to enter new codes anymore as im sick of it going off and finding codes since thev'e been stoipped on here is a nightmare!!!

I have a clone box.

Thanks in advance

20. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

Flashing your b0x with the relevant firmw@re means it will auto roll the keys for you when there is a change. (so no more code searching)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.