1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW UPDATING FIRMWARE - NO CODE BEGGING HERE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Celtic71, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mumto4

mumto4 Member

Thanks. Have to get hubby to the shop for the correct cables.

2. KazDVD

KazDVD Member

I've been checking all the threads but still can't resolve my problem. I finally managed to flash my starview box with CryptStar-v1.4-Core257.bin using GTRom v4.00. Followed the instructions from these threads to the letter & got the 100% download complete mesage, connected the box to the TV & kinda expected everything to be working again. Not the case! I ran the automatic scan & it was looking good until it completed. None of the good channels were there. I have since tried a factory reset & scanned again, still nothing. Can u assist?

3. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Have you turned your key emu back on? Menu, type 1570 on remote and enable it.

4. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Peeps just to let you know that the Starview 3 Super have still got the problems with the rebooting this is only on the new boxes with the new tuners and the v8.00 does not rectify this problem either

Best advice is to not buy this box until they have sorted out this problem and choose another box this way they will see the sales going down and will sort the problem out otherwise we will be left waiting

5. KazDVD

KazDVD Member

The EMU was always set at on. Shud it have been turned off prior to flash?

6. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

if your emu was on all the time you did not do a factory reset on the box otherwise the emu would have been switched off by default

7. ganscu

ganscu Member

have sky 1&2 fre changed? nt dublin

8. ganscu

ganscu Member

sorry iam O/K got them back

9. sgilbride

sgilbride Member

Fergusrb, had a look at past threads and was just wondering about missing channels? I have lost channels like film4 over the last month or so and tonite i have noticed that i have lost sky 1&2. Can i get these channels back? and is my unit up to date?

cheers.

Starview clone
    API ver: 2.57e_E
    Boot ver 7.0
    16 aug 2006

10. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Ireland are getting a freq change AND TAKE YOUR SPLITTER OFF YOUR CABLE FIRST

1 make sure your incoming cable is connected to the cable input on the box and not going thru a splitter

2 Make sure you have a scart lead connected to the tv on the box and connected to AV1 or EXT1 only
    also make sure you check this as been a proper working scart

3 Next go to menu factory settings and press ok put in 0000 code press ok to clear all data

4 Make sure you turn the box off at the mains for 1 min and turn back on again

5 Accept the language

6 Installation put your provider in the top box then do an auto scan wait for this to finish even if you see
    failed a few times this is normal so just be patient till it has finished

7 When this is finished exit out to main tv screen

8 Then go to menu and press 1570 on the key pad into secret menu and turn the EMU on which has been switched off by default

9 Exit out 3 times to main screen and put the box on to the tv channel sky sports 1 and wait for this to update this
    could go up as far as 250% so again be patient and wait also do not change the channel while
    this is been done or you will have to start all over again

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Heres the thing Ferg frequencies havent changed. I have all my boxes set to the exact subbed frequency and nothing was affected, not even a PID change. Seems to be localised to some parts of Dublin, although as said mine is tuned as per a subbed box.

But even if frequencies did change by .250 or .5Mhz it shouldnt affect the boxes to the extent of losing all these channels. Have you lost any?

12. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

sly are gone in dub and c4 and a few others if they use the same freq they do come back in all right

got a good few calls from the big smoke all right

none here are effected but well not yet anyway

13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Cheers Ferg people using my CDF have been affected also.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  14. sgilbride

sgilbride Member

Fergus, cheers. that worked a treat. thats the second time you have helped me. thanks again for quick response. I thing my channels are all mixed up, i had save my channel order before hand. Would it be agood idea to upload my old channel lists?

15. vintymac

vintymac Member

Hi guys, maybe I'm going over old ground, if I am please accept my apologies.

My problem is that my St*rview Super has not auto rolled on the last three code changes. The firmware on the box is API ver:6.00E Boot ver: 8.0. Up until then all was fine.

Any help or advice would be gratefully appreciated.

16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

yes they are moving something somewhere as if you put the same freq in and rescan you get them back no problem

you see the arnet dont suffer from this as they are scanning freq all the time even when switched to standby that is the best about this box

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2008
  17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yep the Krypt is good for this same as the background scan on the Dbox.

18. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

yes it is just sumit simple just can figure it out i will go up tomorrow and see i will let you know tomorrow i will do files if i have a chance for all boxes and put them up on something and give you the link ok

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2008
  19. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

I know some subbed boxes have also suffered.

20. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

yep will do my best to get down tomorrow and have a look will be interesting all right just to see

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.