1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW UPDATING FIRMWARE - NO CODE BEGGING HERE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Celtic71, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

6.01 works on all so safe enough.

2. wheety

wheety Member

Thank you. Got it working now.

3. sjbpa

sjbpa Member

where do you get the bin file for the the box super??? This is so annoying i just keep getting flash update failed!!!!!!!!!!

4. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

as posted on page 1 of this thread by celtic71,

You will need version 7.09 firmw@re for THE SUPR B0X found in "THE B0X SUPR" firmw@re folder. (UFL = Unified Firmware Loader)

Firmw@re (7.09) is only for the boxes with the extra output on the back and not meant as an up date for the older super boxes.

Any one that has the older Starvi*w 3 Super needs to put the v6.01 back on.

All firmw@re/loader can be found in the link at the end of my post marked EAMO'S LIBRARY.

Which is HERE.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  5. cranbury

cranbury Member

Hi all - just an update from the problem I had last week with my SV not getting updated via serial link.
    Bought another cable and have managed to do the update.

Thanx

6. karljd

karljd Regular member

well done thanks for coming back and letting us no.

7. superbaby

superbaby Regular member

anyone help...? i have a genuine starview which has the green light constantly moving, im trying to update the software but it won't go into standby, ive tried flashing it in this mode but the gtrom returns as flash fail. any help will be appreciated.

8. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Green flash knight rider lights lol means its a bad flash

If you have a Bad Flash with software have a Read of This might help

If for some reason it won't go into standby and you see a constant moving green line.
    you may want to wait to see if it goes into standby or switches on eventually or re-flash from this state
    though it may not work. Some users have reported that flashing an older firmware 1st that was working,
    then trying again may help. If your flash has failed or corrupted try again but 1st flash back the firmware
    that was on before your failed flash. Re download the firmware just in case you had a corrupted file then try again.
    If you do flash from the moving green line state at boot, you will see the % increase on the GTRom loader
    software but not on the Starvi*w. Toward the end of the flash you'll see a Flash Burning message in GTRom.
    Make sure you wait until all is finished and you see the Download complete pop up message in GTRom.

Another method you can use to recover from a bad flash, eg. the box won't boot to standby and is stuck
    in pre standby, either after about 3 or 4 moving green lines the box sticks with the green line not moving
    at all or it keeps moving forever. If the box will NOT RE-FLASH as normal from on or standby, try this but it
    may take a few goes to work.

Connect the box to the pc with your cable but switch it off at the back. Load the correct
    firmware bin file into GTRom & set it to the correct com port, and select App file only then hit Download.
    Only then switch on at the back to power on the box. It may take a few sec. so wait at least 30 sec.
    (If it doesn't work 1st time try also waiting a couple of sec. to switch on after pressing download in the loader.) It may take more than 1 try to work, but eventually you'll see the loader kick in and the % bar increase. You won't see the % on the Starview though. Only green lines moving left to right. Towards the end of the flash you'll see a message in GTRom saying FLASH BURNING. Then it will reach 100% and wait for the download complete pop up box to appear & the box will reboot back to factory setup. You will have lost any channel data previously on the box & will need to rescan & switch on EMU and set the box up from scratch.

If you don't know the state of the box switch it on see what happens see if there already has been a channel
    scan done before-meaning there are channels on it working or not. If so tune to an unencrypted channel as above
    then standby then re-flash.

9. cranbury

cranbury Member

another huge benefit of moving to the autoroll software is that the 'bad signal' message has not appeared again (...yet!)

10. stevek93

stevek93 Guest

PLEASE HELP!!
    Me mate is getting the starview 3 but i want to know if i can use the bin file CryptStar-v1.4-Core400.bin?

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

12. peterdou

peterdou Regular member

can any body tell me how to get a boot file and how to load it for starview 1

13. malci

malci Guest

Everything you need to know and how to, is on the 1st page of this very thread - make sure you know whether you have a genuine or clone box, read down and check the links.

14. zizobouta

zizobouta Member

helpplz the box super displays dl on front and nothing happens. flashed it with sucsses with 8.00e and 7.05 but still shows dl and norespond from remote also. help plz

15. tommcd65

tommcd65 Member

hi i have the box super im on ch*rus in portlaois but it wont work do i need different firmware?
    i had this box working on n*l in dublin thanks

16. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

thats becuase you are probably on MMDS, the superbox is for true cable and MMDs ntl only.

What ya can try is facory reset and then choose CHORUS from the list and see if that works, if not then your more than likely on Chorus MMDS and the superbox wont work on it, you will need a T variant reciever

17. tommcd65

tommcd65 Member

how do i know if i have true cable or MMDS???

18. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

I just told ya mate, do the above, reset the box, select Chorus from the list and scan and see what happens, if your using the box in Dublin, it was on true cable, either Chorus or NTL or NTL MMDS, I am nearly sure Portloise is MMDS Chorus. if you do the above you will get a good idea, just make sure your box is connnect correctly, cables in the right places etc, remove any splitters you may have on it.

19. tommcd65

tommcd65 Member

yeah i am on MMDS.
    where will i get a t variant reciever?
    is this used in conjuntion with the box or is this a different box?

20. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

no, the super is pretty much useless on Chorus MMDS, you will have to buy the T varient box, such as the EUROVOX T, THE BOX T, DDIGITAL T etc, try westmidstarview, wizard sat, skywonder etc etc all offer good service and genuine box's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.