1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by sammo_101, Feb 17, 2007.

1. sammo_101

sammo_101 Guest

hi im thinking of buying a starview box off ebay for my telewest/now virgin media signal. i was just wondering if this is the best box to buy, and also any other info i need for setting it up. all help much appreciated. thanks.

2. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

It's not the best box to buy, but if you just want a box that is basically plug & play then go for it.

3. sammo_101

sammo_101 Guest

hi what box could you reccommend? i am open so it does not have to be this box but could you enlighten me with benefits of other boxes. thanks for other post m8

4. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

I would go for the DBox2 or Dreambox as they are multimedia boxes that allow you to record to a PC and playback video, mp3 & pictures from the PC to your TV.

5. scruff666

scruff666 Member

I like dreamboxes but they can be picky about signal.
    Dboxes are excellent but very over priced for a 2nd hand item over 5 years old.

not sure about the starview but don't think they are open source software so if support goes then you have a doorstop.

dreamboxes and dboes are open source gpl software so will always have support.