1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by loubear, Jun 1, 2007.

1. loubear

loubear Member

Hi i am new to this starview box and it has gone down again i have spoken to supplier and he says i need to download the new 300 file but he is not telling me how to do this on the email he keeps sending me i am definately a true blonde because i dont understand a word he is talking about so please please could somebody explain to me in step by step instructions what to do to download this new file, please be gentle im very new at this. he tells me to plug lead in back of box and computer i can manage this, then open the software gtrom i can do this then click bin file i do this, then hes telling me to select a new file given but nothing is showing up
    please could somebody tell me how to sort this please
    thanks your help would be very much appreciated

2. steo46

steo46 Regular member

you need to select the file with the .api extension and double click on it

3. loubear

loubear Member

hi i believe you replied to my message earlier you tell me to select file with api extension and double click on it, i get the download box up on screen click on bin and it brings up the file box
    which say file name (this is empty) or flash files if i click on this the only other thing that comes up is all files, i can get nothing that says api extension your help again would be very much appreciated before i throw this at the wall.

4. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

download firmware v3.00.put it in the same folder as your gtrom loader then when you check the for the .bin it should be there

5. weazand

weazand Member

my star view displays message data is being updated all the time
    can somebody help me please