1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW2 NTL DUBLIN

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by iggy11, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

Do a factory reset, then auto scan, turn emu back on, go to s*y2 and it should update.

2. mellita

mellita Member

have tried that too alsotried to get into menu after i tried to get into secret menu now cant get into any menu keeps asking for code am complete novice at this stuff help me someone pleeeze

3. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

try 1668 to get into factory reset

menu 1570 to get into secret menu

4. jcdublin

jcdublin Member

Hi,
    I have downoaded the new 8.02 software and it still doesn't work. I am not sure how to do the factory re-set- do you mind telling me step by step how to do this?

thanks!

5. malci

malci Guest

Verify Your Box
    Where have you got this 8.02 firmware from, you are posting on a thread relating to Starview 2 The Box, now I suspect that you either have Starview 3 The Box Super, or you are trying to load the wrong firmware on to your box, so tell us on your next post what it say's at the top left corner front of your box exactly please.

As to your 2nd query:-
    Only Do This After Flashing Your Box With The Latest Fix

To do a Factory Re-Set you go to Menu scroll down to Factory Setting and press okay, enter the pin 0000 (or if you have changed that and forgotten it 1668) and press OK to confirm, it will then restore your box to Factory Settings, when that is done, it will return you to the Language screen, you accept English, and then Installation, choose your provider via the <> arrow keys, and then select Automatic Scan, when finished it will say onscreen how many channels are found, you then exit out to the Main Menu and enter pin 1570 and scroll to bottom and turn the Key Emu ON, that's it all done.

6. jcdublin

jcdublin Member

Hi,
    I do have the box super- I think it's an original and not a clone as the scarts are to the rhs. Does this mean I should have downloaded different software?

thanks!

7. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

The 8.02 is the correct firmware for the SV3 Super.
    Menu > 1570
    Go to set default key > press ok
    Make sure the Key EMU is on
    Exit to s*y two & let it update.

8. malci

malci Guest

As noely said, that is the correct Firmware update for The Box Super, (Ithought that you had that) so you can go ahead and flash your box with that okay, and then you are fine, (But it is better to stick to the relevant thread when dealing with a certain model of box, to avoid any confusion) this is a Starview 2 The Box thread, as I have pointed out in previous post.

9. jcdublin

jcdublin Member

OK- thanks. I have followed all the instructions that Noely said and it still doesn't work but I will try and re-locate to a more appropriate thread. Thanks for all the responses to date.

10. dom182

dom182 Member

Hi just reading your post i have the box and the same thing {data is being updated}is there a few things i can try before downloading stuff any help would be great thanks a lot

11. malci

malci Guest

No not really, apart from the unmentionable, if your box is not updating. Then when did you last flash it with Firmware? If the answer is "not in the very recent past" then you will need to flash it with the latest Firmware, and lastly, are you sure that you have Starview 3 - The Box Super, if it says that at the top left front of box, then you have. The latest Firmware is the 8.04 here >>>
    http://www.4shared.com/file/77416964/43e4d988/GTRom_Super_804e.html?dirPwdVerified=c6ab23f1

For more information and a tutorial if required, then click on the link marked Starview 2nd line at the bottom of post.

Make sure that you can recognise/identify which box that you have okay.

12. dom182

dom182 Member

Hi thanks malci no i never flashed it it was working for about 6 months and it stoped 5 weeks ago its just called THE BOX mabe its the first one i have its soposed to update itself .WHY do people change the codes do i not have to do this .I can get the ntl boxes handy with the card and everything on it cheap so if it were a case were i have to do codes and downloads every so often ill throw it out what do you think . will i go out today and get the leads for it or is the BOX just a load of crap .Ps i have ntl downstairs wit everything on it and never a problem only reason i got THE BOX was because your man said it updates itslef an it was cheap PLEASE HELP THANKS A LOT

13. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

14. malci

malci Guest

Thanks Eva, and hope your well :), dom182, please do not multipost so as not to cause confusion, it's just not done or allowed on the forum. But to answer your question, it does update it's self with the correct and up to date Firmware, the CCs change the encrytion ***** when ever they feel the need okay, simple as that.

15. dom182

dom182 Member

Sorry des& malci i was just hoping i could do something else like if ye told me i need a hamer ,a tape and a spanner i wouldnt ask any more questions but when it comes to computers im useless but looks like ive no choise honest thanks for the help i really apprecate it an ill get them leads sorted and come back thanks

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  16. malci

malci Guest

dom182, Its not a problem so no need to worry, just advising you as to protocol on forum, get the leads and then get back okay. But seeing as it is your first time of flashing, try to get the loan of an old laptop or standalone PC with the correct 9 pin serial port and OP system XP, so as to eliminate the Adaptor and save yourself a lot of headache.

17. dom182

dom182 Member

Good man thanks ill do that and come back.

18. malci

malci Guest

Your welcome, and just to reinforce what I have suggested to you, and it is all over the forum, time and time again,if it is your 1st time of flashing - have a look at the 10th post down here.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/29/677561#4490076

Good Luck

19. dom182

dom182 Member

I see what your saying i dont no anything about computers but its quite obvious that ive a much better chance wit an old com wit windows xp an just get the one cabel seems like id have problems wit the laptop and vista as you say .Her mother has an old pc up and running lets hope its xp or whatever ill come straight back for advice when im TRYING to do it thanks a lot for the help