1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview4 usb lost channels.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by mally_01, Feb 10, 2010.

1. mally_01

mally_01 Member

hi. have been using the box for 8 months with no problems, but in last couple of days,have lot sky sports 1, 3, news, and bbc1 and 2. everything else seems fine. any help wouldbe much appreciated. thanks once again, mal.

2. piopat

piopat Active member

try pressing menu,factory reset,enter pin number(default pin is 0000)select language, rescan on your provider,set key code to on,now see if the channels have returned.beware that a factory reset will mean you will need to reset your clock,and any parental settings,and your pin(if you had one)will now be 0000. i hope this helps.

3. mally_01

mally_01 Member

hi. thanks for your advice. ufortunately, the bloody dog has chewed up my remote today.as soon as i get another one, i will try out your advice and let you know how i get on. thanks once again mal.

4. r1cht3a

r1cht3a Member

Your region may have began the switch over to Nagra 3 in which case you have no chance other than subscribing :)

5. lestalad

lestalad Member

may be a silly question but if you subscribe to a basic package will the boxes still work??

6. piopat

piopat Active member

the box your cable company gave you will work if your paying for a sub,any box not supplied by the company will go off after the n3 switch(with the possible exception of a few free to air channels)when the switch happens plug back in your sub box and then atleast you have the basic channels that you pay for.

7. mally_01

mally_01 Member

have rebooted my box as advised, and all channels have now returned. thanks to everyone for your help.mal.

8. daguvnor

daguvnor Member

Thank you piopat.
    My box lost all channels too earlier today :(
    I just followed your insructions and viola they all came back :)
    So thanks again.

9. piopat

piopat Active member

anytime guys.

10. sexybaby

sexybaby Member

hi, my starview4 box has had no problems until recently. I did a factory default. I am having snags with installing the firmware. The bin file loads no problem, but the logo file stops once it has reached 100%, nothing then seems to happen. Any help will be greatfuly recieved.

Many thanks.

bongo

11. sexybaby

sexybaby Member

hi all,

i have a starview4, working fine. i did a factory default, then it didn't work so well. Tried to reinstall the firmware as best as i could, lost the instructions. the bin file works fine, the logo file stops after it has downloaded 100%, then just stays on the blue screen. any help offered greatfully recieved.

Many thanks.

12. piopat

piopat Active member

are you sure you flashed it with the correct firmware for your box ,by the way what box do you have and what firmware did you flash it with . if its the wrong firmware you will need to reflash.

13. scandalou

scandalou Guest

after its downloaded to 100% press ok and exit back to your channels...check that bbc1 etc free channels are working...if good,then go to sky sports 1 and go into menu,press 1570,enter the cas menu,press default key and then turn on the emu..exit back to sky sports 1 channel and it should update....make sure you have version 1.12 installed

14. sexybaby

sexybaby Member

i used v1.12, i think there is new encryption, nagra3?

15. malci

malci Guest

16. sexybaby

sexybaby Member

17. malci

malci Guest

Sorry to say that there is not any fix for N3, you have recieved a new card so you will gradually have channels dropping off over a period of 2/3 weeks then migration to N3 will be complete and everything gone.