1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Static in speakers

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Ustop, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Ustop

Ustop Regular member

Every once in awhile static comes from my speakers. I assumed it was from a lack of ram. But what i finally noticed, is that I only hear the static when my cell phone rings. Is that normal and will it hurt anything? Thanx.

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

it won't hurt any electronic components, your cell phone is simply interfering with the audio signal. Are your speakers wireless? If they aren't you could always try getting some shielded audio cable, that might help. Just out of curiosity, what kind of phone/service do you have? I used to have Nextel, and I noticed when I was in the car listening to the radio, whenever it would ring I'd get interference, but now I have verizon and it doesn't do it anymore.

3. Ustop

Ustop Regular member

Yes it is nextel. Its actually my work phone that i get for free, so I cant beach there. Thanx for info. Out of curiousity, why would nextel interfere and not verizon?

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

My only guess is that nextel phones have cause more interference perhaps due to the walkie-talkie feature.