1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Static playing Star Wars DVDs

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Henderson, May 22, 2005.

1. Henderson

Henderson Member

I recently purchased all episodes of the Star Wars DVDs available, (I, II, and Trilogy pack of IV, V, VI), and all of them have a very annoying loud static sound coming from the left speaker on both of my TVs at various times, and quite often. DVD player is Toshiba SD-2900KU. The CDs play perfect on my computer.

It sounds as if either the player or the TV speakers can't handle the sound output. I have other newer DVDs, such as Indiana Jones Trilogy, and have never heard this before. I've tried changing the sound options in both the TV and the DVD player with no effect at all stopping that static.

Any ideas what is causing this? Not sure if it's the DVD player or the older TV speakers causing it. I'd be willing to get a better DVD player if that's the problem.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If possible I would give the dvds another quick test at a friends house just to be sure its not the dvds. My guess is a defective speaker or cable on the left channel.

Jerry

3. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Active member

Check A/v cables? might have a bad A/V cables.

4. Henderson

Henderson Member

I found the problem, wasn't the DVD or the player. I have a switching box hooked up and that apparently decided to go bad. The one DVD player is hooked up to both TVs, that explains why it was the left speaker on both.

Thanks for the input, steered me in the right direction. Was just odd it didn't effect the VCR that was also going through the same switching box, so I didn't think of it at first.