1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staying in order

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by singjai, Aug 2, 2007.

1. singjai

singjai Member

I'll put a large number of files together - say a few hundred jpegs. I want them alphabetical--easier for me to find and display in logical order.

In Nero Burning ROM or Express I can set my view according to file name and everything's fine. But when I burn these files to a CD or DVD what goes on disk is not quite alphabetical. I can view the files alphabetically in Windows Explorer, but if I put the disk in a DVD player the files display in the directory in a different order, as two lists in one. (In fact, if I put the disk any of three different DVD players the files display in identical order in each player.)

All file names begin with upper case characters A-Z. The list consists of a larger grouping of files A-Z, followed by a smaller grouping of files A-Z, consisting of files not included in the first group. There seems to be no correlation between size, date or any other factor I can think of.

I've used both Nero Express and Burning ROM with the same results. Is there any way I can force simple alphabetical order on disk?

2. singjai

singjai Member

Okay, I've now tried giving the files numerical names... same problem. Help anyone?