1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STEAM

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by doobers, Nov 15, 2007.

1. doobers

doobers Member

o what a wonderful program it is....
    i joke. its annoying me. not only do i need a constant connection to the internet to play any of my games, even the ones that arnt online games, but yesterday (wed 14/11/07) they made an update and now it wont install.

everytime i try to open a steam game, it trys to do the update for steam, gets to about 26% and then stops, and says summin like u already have steam runing or something.

i try to close it from the processes list, but it isnt even there!
    so i try again, and it says the same thing.
    reset the comp..... no good. still doesnt work GAH!!

is there anyone out there with the same issue or just someone who can help me? i just got into TF2 and i cant even play it :(

any help would b appreciated. thanks

2. godowar

godowar Member

I'm having the same problem, i've downloaded the installer but I get to like 13% or so and then it goes right back to 0....i'm on dialup that connects at about 28.8 max. I have the Call of Duty 4 files backed up on disc and i'm dying to play but cant b/c i need steam to load the game and i cant even download the steam updates...steam is now gay. :)

3. Sumone157

Sumone157 Regular member

Happens to me every now and then. While updating just right click and launch/play it. It may work.