1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

steps before burning any CD-R (Help)

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by Streamcod, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Streamcod

Streamcod Member

i need to know the steps that good for me to start burn any (new) CD-R , i mean like shut the Anti-virus
    something like that or about writting speed , so i need to know these type of information.

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

If you're so new to burning, I'd suggest you get a few CDRWs (rewritables) to practice on first! That way, you can just burn over any screwups. Good idea to turn off any programs in the background (disconnect from internet), and you should leave your PC alone when burning. Check for the max. speed of your CDR too. And for such a newbie, get something like Nero which has help wizards to walk you step by step through the process.

3. Streamcod

Streamcod Member

hi DogBomb

im not new in burning business :p , im just asking about good ways to improve doing cds,sure i should be offline while making cds (i know that), i don't need to use cdrw , cause i always make cd and finish it i don't leave it open to other data files, im using nero v6.6.0 but i have some problem of making cds,for example if i have some data around 300MB and i want to make cd ,sometime first cd are working fine , but when i try to make second burn , second cd become made much error while reading , its not a big problem for me but sometime i feel it awful) i use CD-R near 99% but CDRW around 1% ...

well so could it be about Cable or something wrong in OS ,ummm or i should prefer always doing slow burn (is it advantage to make cd @ the low speed specially for big files like 700MB, or cd can handle it(full speed), that Q is much important for me to know)

all i need is information thats all 'real-view'.