1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steve Irwin has been killed

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by AE27, Sep 3, 2006.

1. dolphin2

dolphin2 Guest

2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Rest in peace indeed. I loved watching him on the tube; he was facinating but surprised? I don't think I've ever once watched him without saying to myself "this guy is going to get killed".

Mik3H wrote [bold]This kind of fish almost never attacks unless it is being harassed, which Steve Irwin tends to do in his documentary/TV shows[/bold]

While he loved animals and did a great deal of good, what Mik3H wrote above is equally true. He did something others of his ilk did not which is get the critters a bit pissed off for the sake of the camera and that has got to add a lot of danger to the danger.

As someone else said, he died doing what he loved doing. I loved watching him, he's done a lot of good for our little green and blue planet ... I can't honestly say I'm surprised but sure is a big loss nonetheless.

3. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

Its a shame his powers of annoyance to distract leather blows failed this time 0_o

Anyone watch corwin whatever his name is?the one that most animals hate?
    why couldn't he go >>

4. AE27

AE27 Regular member

He didnt even see it.

5. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

AE27
    Damn sneak attack...not like he had the best of super human relfexs more like he had the best of luck with all the bouts with posin things that got him.

6. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Hmmm, CNN said that he was simming over it as it glided through the water ... hard to get a proper story! All the same, a damned terrible loss.

Edit: CNN now says the same thing; ray buried in the sand and barb just went up.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2006
  7. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

yeah it's a damn shame, that guy was cool. i like to think he kept his usual fashion when dealing with any creature, i'm sure it went down something like this.
    "oh that beauty just stuck me in the chest with his only defense mechanism, crikey that is painful! i'll most likely fall into a numbing paralisys any time now then eventually a painful death, but before i die lets have a look at his beautiful underbelly!"

8. Bobbinbob

Bobbinbob Regular member

I always thought he would have died from getting his arms ripped off by a shark or croc while jumping on its back or something....what a waste of a crazy person

9. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

I refuse to believe that Mr. Irwin provoked the Stingray, I personally swam inches away from the exact the exact same type of sting rays when I was in Hawaii and it didn't seem threatened in anyway from what I could tell.

As I read in AE27's post, I would think that if it would strike him it would have been hidden and he possibly could have either got really close or even brushed against it which caused it to strike.

Personally, I love watching his show (its still on and I am sure they will continue to show it occationally.) I also am in the process of buying his DVDs (I can't find them at the darn store!).

Its crazy to hear how he died, I know he didn't really provoke the animals on purpose. 99% of them are just reacting as the normally would if a predator was going to attack.

He just loved the animals and enjoyed interacting with them, the show was just a filming of his (probably daily) out and abouts that he did so he could enjoy the animals in their natural habitat.

Rest in Peace Steve, you are missed and hold a special place in my heart.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2006
  10. Creamer

Creamer Member

It's a terrible shame.

At least he died doing something that he loved.

I just hope they have crocs in heaven. :p

11. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Yes, we all have to go sometime; we should all go doing something we love! ....I love painting and playing the piano...going that way does lack a certain something in comparison lol! God bless the guy and his family!

12. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

I love painting too.It's so relaxing and fulfilling,good to see another artist hear :)

Yeah this is why I'm a boring person you know?

I mean this :I don't do things like sky diving,bungie jumping,messing with animals(dangerous ones that is),extreme sports,etc.I guess for a 22 year old that's boring but It's just me.But god bless him though because someone has to or we won't have the great insight on tv(TLC,animal planet,history channel ect.),books,and the net if some one doesn't.

I don't blame the stingray either that animal has every right to defend it's self if it feels in danger.I wonder if the stingray dies as a result of his barb missing.I also wonder why steve would attemp to pull the barb out because that may have lead to the death.So many unanswered questions...

13. Schwaber

Schwaber Regular member

good to hear that there is someone who loves playing piano! :D
    Although I don't like painting.

14. jorahan

jorahan Guest

Guys, this guy practically ran up to animals and screamed in their ears CRIKEY! I mean... he gave us a bad image as well... never the less, RIP

15. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

jorahan
    meh he a alittle bit of a sensationalists BUT he made up for it and he use his powers of annoyance to distract and not get killed it worked 90% of the time.
    His luck just ran out is all it happens to all of us altho most of the time it snot that faltal *L*

16. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Little provocative :p lol The guy was great; no questions asked. A little OTT maybe and V excentric but nevertheless great guy.

He won't be forgotten, regardless of your image of the guy; good or bad.

RIP again,

17. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

Ripper
    He was over the top but over the top in a fun way,guy will be missed ^^

18. jorahan

jorahan Guest

I have to agree i was not insulting Steve, merely picking out his flaws, he never really did anything against animals, and did indeed love them...

I have pity for his wife and whole family and am sorry this happened to such a great guy.

RIP Steve

19. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

jorahan
    I pick on comments to make comments n...I need to stop doing that 0_o *L*

20. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Yeah I mean c'mon how do you think Zippy made it to senior member :p lol