1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still a bit confused.......

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Seanix, May 10, 2004.

1. Seanix

Seanix Member

I've been reading all the posts here, and I must say I've learned alot, but I still need to ask a few questions that I am unsure about. If they've been asked and answered before I'm sorry.

I need to know what program(s) I should use to back up my DVDs. But I want to be able to pick what I want to back up. By this I mean I want to be able to only back up the feature film with the 5.1DD audio track. I guess waht I'm saying is do Shrink and Decrypte allow me to pick only what I want to burn? I know this is not possible in DVD XCopy, but I've seen it done before, so is this the program that can do this?

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

use dvd shrink in the reauthor mode,dvd decrypter wont help you with your problem:http://www.dvdshrink.info/reauthor_basic.php
    heres one to print out:http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/dvd_shrink_reauthor.htm

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]you should never take life too seriously....you'll never get out alive!!
    procrastinate now...dont put it off till tomorrow
    if you can read this..you dont need glasses.[/small]

Last edited: May 10, 2004
  3. Seanix

Seanix Member

thanks a bunch! One more thing, I've been reading that Shrink won't rip all DVDs and that Decrypte has to be used. So does shink allow me to reauthor decrypted files on my HDD?

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

just run decrypter in the file mode and then open the files up in shrink

5. michigan

michigan Guest

Do it like jim said and you should be golden, that is the process that I use. Yes once in a while shrink cant crack a disc but its not very often.

6. Seanix

Seanix Member

I got yet anoter question.....probally won't be my last either...

In the guides & posts I've been reading everyone is using two seperate DVD drives, a ROM and a burner. I have a DVD ROM/+-R/+-RW drive. So do I need to write the back up to my HDD first then burn, or will Shrink and Nero perform the rip, then prompt for a blank when its time to burn?

I need to know cause I may have to clean up a little space if I have to write to the HDD first.

7. pudgy

pudgy Member

Yes, you have to copy to your hd first, create a folder for the files, then copy to that destination, then burn those files to a blank...I delete those files after I know the burn is good..they take up alot of space..

Good Luck,

sher

8. pudgy

pudgy Member

OMG! I been upgraded! I'm not a newbie anymore...

9. Seanix

Seanix Member

Thanks alot. This place is great, people are very helpful. And quick to respond too! Thanks again all!

10. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hi Seanix
    dont be a stranger now come back and help when you can.
    welcome to the club
    jim

11. michigan

michigan Guest

Way to go pudgy!! When I get done burning and shut down shrink, it tells me that it will delete the files in the folder to which I save, then its gone like magic!!

12. pudgy

pudgy Member

Michigan,

My version doesn't do auto delete..hmmmm...oh well, I won't complain...at least I am having successful burns..what more could one wish for ( other then a hershey bar about now)

Sher

13. michigan

michigan Guest

Just go into your folder and manually delete then. I don't know why mine does that I didn't set anything up special for it.

14. Seanix

Seanix Member

I just got shrink to make an .iso file on my HDD. I picked the main title and the 5.1DTS track and the Directors Audio track to be ripped. When I mounted the image in Daemon Tools and fired up PowereDVD to check it, the was no DTS audio, only the Directors commentery audio? What have I done wrong??? Also, do I just pick this .iso file for Nero to burn or do I use the other files it created for burning?

15. Seanix

Seanix Member

I may of solved my own problem....
    I don't have the DTS audio package for Power DVD, so I guess there is no DTS Decoder. Does this sound logical, or am I just coming up with nonsense? My guess is that it would probally work on a stand alone if I burned it. Yes, no....can somebody let me know if I have a clue about what I'm blabbering on about...