1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

still have problems

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by kozo, Jul 18, 2007.

1. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

If you dont know what is going on please do not post as ypu will confuse the issue

2. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

If you dont know what is going on please do not post as you will confuse the issue

3. BohsCelt

BohsCelt Member

eh i do know, thats what i done to a friends box and its working fine now

4. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

you might know but the people that are here some of them dont so it has to be a slowly slowly approach and if i was to go by your instructions you gave you would have me baffled it is only i know what you are talking about other people dont this is there first time doing this for some so please do not confuse them rthanks

5. BohsCelt

BohsCelt Member

Ok then

1)press menu
    2)press ok on installation
    3)press ok on manual scan
    4)you will se this:
    DOWN FREQUENCY 315.00
    SYMBOL RATE 6887KSPS
    CONSTELLATION 64QAM
    NETWORK SCAN DISABLE

5) on network scan scroll to the right and press ok and it will change to enable.
    6)it will now scan for channels
    7)when its finished exit out of all menu's and it should be working fine
    6)it will now scan

6. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

only problem it will only scan for what you put in that is why you do an automatic scan to pick up all the frequency's not a manually one and tell me what do you do when it only picks up 30 or 40 channels which most people have been having problems with also how do you get rid of the other channels you have there already

7. BohsCelt

BohsCelt Member

i've just done it again (via the phone) on another box and its working, this box has version 4 firmware on it. No replica channels on it either.

Every other person i know that has a box didn't have to do it though as automatic scan worked fine so not sure why 2 boxes didnt pick up many channels using it.

8. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

here is the trick do a factory reset and then do the scanning and it will be fine making sure to turn your EMU back on again

9. BohsCelt

BohsCelt Member

I know that, but 2 of the boxes only picked up 11 channels, key emu was on, some pay channels did work.

10. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

yes you need to do it twice one after the other i had the same problem and it works try it first time found 30 channels done another factory reset and re scan using the auto scan and it found them all 176 next time what have you got to lose nothing only gain

11. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

The second instructions do look alot better than your first post :)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  12. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

What do you mean celt

13. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

I meant for this above.....Sorry for the confusing Ferg , I was still on page 1 when replying lol

14. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

it is still wrong as he is doing manual scan instead of auto and he is not doing a factory reset which is needed to sort it properly your friend must be gone home

15. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

I understand that the manual scan wont work , but the first explaination was gibberish lol

My friend is gone home and I have some quiet pc time ha ha

16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

no one on the closet if you want come over there shoutbox is free

17. kozo

kozo Member

hey ive gone thru all the steps one after another i understand all the instructions the people have told me to follow and did them but my box still wont pick the channels up. im in dublin on ntl at this point i may as well through the box out

18. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

no can you go thru this with me and i will walk you thru it ok

19. kozo

kozo Member

k then walk it thru with me

20. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

first go to menu > factory reset >code 1668 press ok then press ok to english then instalalation make sure N** is on the provider by default it is tw ok try that and come back