1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

still having audio problems when burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mxxmikexx, Apr 20, 2005.

1. mxxmikexx

mxxmikexx Member

I still havent figured out what my problem is here. I've been using dvd santa to burn xvid movies onto dvd, which has been working perfectly except for one problem. Any video file that i try burning that has ac3 audio format, wont play sound when i try playing the dvd after i burn it. but heres the weird part, ive successfully burned BE COOL which was an .avi file with ac3 audio (im using gspot) and i got sound without any problem, so im stumped here. i still cant get sin city or oceans 12 to burn with sound. can someone please help?!?!!? should i be using a diffent program besides dvd santa? i just got alcohol 120% but havent messed around with it yet. the only thing thats different when i scan the files with gspot is that oceans 12 has a bitrate of 448 kb/s in the audio file compared to be cool which has 192 kb/s for sound. if that makes any difference here?

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

never liked santas quailty,

use divxtodvd its free, faster and better quality and does tons more

3. mxxmikexx

mxxmikexx Member

so youve never had any problems using divxtodvd when theres ac3 audio in the .avi file?

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

so how did it go?

5. mxxmikexx

mxxmikexx Member

just got back to my computer after starting the conversion using divxtodvd and there was some kind of error, so it didnt work yet.

6. mxxmikexx

mxxmikexx Member

Still no luck. I just got done using winavi to convert the xvid/.avi file over to mpeg and that seemed to work fine, however when i went to burn those newly made files into the video_ts folder using nero xpress 6, i got a message saying "the loaded disc isn not registered in the drives write strategy list. if you use the disc for writing, the quality might be worse than using a registered one. we recommend enabling the verify option to make sure writing has been done correct" so i enabled the veriry option like it said, and the disc burned about 75% of the way through and then it stopped and i got this error message "focus or tracking error" and the burning process was stopped. Can anyone explain to me what all this means and what im doing wrong? and like i originally said, i only have this problem when the video files have ac3 sound, but they play fine on the pc but wont burn the audio to dvd. THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

is your burner a LG GSA-4081B if so they made aload that are faulty! its all over the net!

8. mxxmikexx

mxxmikexx Member

i have no idea, how do i check? it came with my gateway computer that was new in 04'

But how come i ONLY have problems burning dvds when the audio is in the ac3 format, this doesnt make any sense to me.is there any way to convert the audio to PCM in the original .avi movie file?. I can burn downloaded movies and burn with no problem when they are either PCM or mpeg audio or mp3, but if its ac3 audio i cant get it to work

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

did you try divxtodvd? also i am just trying this out! its like dvd shrink and can take multiple avi useing 5 types of encoder...

use HCenc is supposed to be the best all rounder!

[​IMG]