1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still lagging after reformatted computer. Please help!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by shenglong, Jun 1, 2007.

1. shenglong

shenglong Member

hi..after of all i just bought a second hand computer for my friend with is pentium 3 window xp. After using for 1 month, i find that the com is getting slower! i suspect it due to virus, but i when scan the com by using norton anti, it doesnt shows any infection at all. So i decided to reformat my computer! But after reformatted everything, it doesnt seems to get better..it still the same lag as ever. And the worst thing is.. if i download some software from internet, it will promt that file is unable to complete due to win32 problems. How can i solve all this problems. Please help!

2. Blackjax

Blackjax Regular member

specs on the computer please....processor, amount of ram, size of hdd, what programs did you install on reformat, etc.
    the more info the better so as we can help with your trouble!

3. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

chances are it needs some more ram tbh.

the win32 probs could be due to an error in installation (dirty/scratched disk) or any number of other reasons. the windoze threads would be able to help you more if you gave them the error msg.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/165

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007