1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still-Menu problem with TSCV.. Any ideas?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Thrash75, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Thrash75

Thrash75 Member

Hello,

I'm trying to make a simple music-vcd, and I have created a picture for the still-menu. I then press the button "Then encode you Picture to Still-Menu". I choose the picture, and save the .mpg file. I then add the video files and the still-menu file, under the "Menu" tab. Here begins the trouble...

Before (when it worked), when I added the menu, it said something about "detected menu" (can't remember), right after I added the menu. Now it simply says nothing. When I press the preview button, it comes with an error message (translated from danish): "A problem occured during initialization of MCI.".. And the menu doesn't show. It just says "Panel1" in a grey area. The tracks play fine. Sometimes this same error appears, when I exit the preview, but not always.

I have tried to ignore it, and burn the thing anyway. When I try to play it on my stand-alone DVD player, it can't display the menu, but it can play the tracks fine. This leads me to believe, that it has trouble CREATING the menu, not SHOWING it in the preview. But of course, I'm not sure.

Does this mean anything to any of you guys? What does this error message mean? What can I do?

Thanks in advance, people!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]- Brian[/small]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2003
  2. Thrash75

Thrash75 Member

Hello again,

Some more info..

I tried to do the same thing, using VCDEasy. Didn't work. Got THIS error instead:

"path to target file" creation failed
    [./mplex.exe]
    [./mplex.exe]MUX STATUS: Frame data under-runs detected!

I REALLY hope that someone can help me. What is wrong? WHY can't I make MPEG stills, using these programs..?

3. Thrash75

Thrash75 Member

Hey once again,

I like this conversation.. :)

Anyway, I figured out something weird.. Here are two pictures:

http://bachfire.homepage.dk/not_working.bmp

http://bachfire.homepage.dk/working.bmp

These pictures should both work in VCDEasy and TSCV (right?), but NONE of them work in TSCV, and only ONE of them works in VCDEasy. I tested it several times, and I'm sure about this.

Can someone give me an explanation, as to why that is?? :-//