1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still more ASPI problems...

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by rterrapin, Jan 2, 2005.

1. rterrapin

rterrapin Member

HELP!! PLEASE: I am also having severe problems with this ASPI crap... I have windows ME...I never had this problem until I got and installed an external Plextor PX-712UF DVD burner and a firewire port so it would hook up...I get 2 similar error messages: 1. when I reboot the computer, it says this "this software has detected that currently no ASPI layer is active, it may not be installed, installed properly,etc..." or 2. when I try to use my EAC program(which has never had any problems) it gives me this message, "the ASPI interface could not be initialized correctly(error E7H) & the DLLs/EXEs of ASPI don't version check" ---- I have downloaded and redownloaded everything several times, including the dvd burner... I have used this site to download the applicable drivers and used the aspi check and the message that comes up is that I have installed correctly for ME both the wnaspi32.dll and the apix.vxd ---- but still the same errors appear. Please help, I am so frustrated... Is there anything I can do to solve this problem? Thanks for your help! ...(this same message is also posted on another thread, hoping to get a response soon)... Thanks!

2. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

Try uninstalling your aspi you have now. Go to adaptec.com and get the .zip for aspi 4.71.

Install this one, it might cure your problem.

I've had problems with force aspi and other aspi's that did not come right from Adapte. They too said installed properly, but did not work.
    WINASPI32.DLL;ASPI32.SYS;WINASPI.DLL;WOWPOST.EXE are the four aspi files adaptec's will put on.
    I'm not sure about apix.vxd
    post back

3. rterrapin

rterrapin Member

Thanks Weycraze, I have uninstalled that program, now I can't reinstall it, is says somethings amiss with " always resume service"...I don't know what it is, but I clicked for info, it led me to a download, would not work till I put an activation code(which I got thru email) but the place it says to put it(in a dialouge box) I have no idea how to find that either, then when I tried to download the aspi again it led me to DAP which I guess I need to download it now, I am so confused...I'm ready to quit using computers for good!!! ... so, any ideas on what Im doing or not doing? thanks for the help!

4. rterrapin

rterrapin Member

...okay, I have been able to do everything now, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the adaptec ASPI version like you said and I rebooted as well, but I still get the same 2 error messages, the first when rebooting is taking place ( specifically it is referring to the PlexTools part of the program), and the 2nd message still appears when I click on the EAC to try and use it... frustration continues... what now?