1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

still more problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by star223, May 3, 2005.

1. star223

star223 Member

Hello me again,
    I have dvd shrink 3.2 and dvd decrypter 3.5 plus have any dvd on trial, the dvd decrypter on the bottom half has an error message: drive c:/(fat32) does not support single files>4GM.
    Can you please tell me why i'm having so many problems, and give me a run down on how to use them together properly.
    Some of the dvd's i've burnt has no sound & skips in the first couple of chapters and it never use to do that. I have downloaded the new dvd decrypter and it doesn't work either.
    thanks
    please help

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

dont rip in iso! its over 4gig on fat 32

rip in file mode!

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

FAT32 doesn't accept files over 4 GB. You may try change to NTFS altogether.

5. kocher

kocher Regular member

agree with scf_au. if u want to burn dvds then reformat your hd. if you have a "wipe disk" basically a reinstallation disk, u can save ur programs and crap u cant replace like papers and stuff. ( dvd decrypter and everything u can download again for free i would not even waste my time). kinda a time consuming process but well worth it. i just did this to my girlfriends dell laptop and replaced a bunch of other stuff, now i got my pc and her notebook, burnin dvds like there is no tomorrow. anyway if u want to do this i cn give u a complete way on how to do it. not really hard but depends on ur comp on how long it takes. took me on her laptop about 90 min to wipe and reinstall windows xp ( i was also upgradin her fromm 2000 though). let me know

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

if you rip in iso mode the dvd will be 1 file of whatever like 6 gig

BUT BUT BUT!!!

dvd decrypter works fine in fat32 if you rip in file mode! as the biggest file will be 1 gig only which are vobs! you can have 10 1 gig vobs! thats not over 4gig 1 file now is it chaps...

dont take my word ask maker of DD fat32 is good to go! in file mode

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i'm with Rotary's reply 100% - fat32 is 100% fine - just use file mode. I've used fat, fat32 since their inception, only recently moved to ntfs a few weeks ago. I'd leave ntfs for another day maybe, just get comfortable with dvd burning first as there's more than enough hassle (sorry, i mean 'challenge opportunities'!) getting everything working smoothly/reliably

8. star223

star223 Member

hello,
    Thanks all, but i'm a little confused. How do i change the file mode & go to NTFS.
    And Kocher can u please explain what you did. Thanks
    i'm sorry to be a pest, i jsut want to get it up & running smoothly.
    thanks

9. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

FAT partitions can be converted to NTFS using the convert.exe utility. The syntax is: CONVERT drive: /FS:NTFS

Type in: convert c: /fs:ntfs in the cmd prompt.

Usually it will tell you it is unable to do it, would you like to do it next time you reboot. Choose "Y" yes, so next time you reboot it would start the conversion.

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  10. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

IGNORE THE ISO MODE IN PIC!!!!! (old picture)

just click file mode there instead / then rip

note in DD settings go to TOOLS / SETTINGS / FILE MODE / ON START UP click either main movie + ifo (main movie rip only) or use ALL for full dvd disc ripping

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  11. star223

star223 Member

Thanks guys so much, it's working now. Just one more question with the trial Any dvd, i want to purchase it is there anyway you can get it in Australia and not pay $40 US.
    thanks again