1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

still need a hero

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by juc, Jul 27, 2007.

1. juc

juc Regular member

hi i was on here talking to scouser lastnight, i can't seem to get my eurovox working, can anyone help me please. i got as far as the part on dnupman where you put in the flash and then when i start download it says waiting on reciever and nothing happens, please can anyone help me get this sorted.

2. juc

juc Regular member

is there anyone there that can help

3. suse103

suse103 Regular member

is your receiver on and at standby?

4. juc

juc Regular member

yeah its on stand by with the 4 green lights too. thanks for responding, was cracking up trying different things and getting nowhere

5. suse103

suse103 Regular member

is it working for you now , if its sees the receiver just download your file then turn your box off and on again and the transfer will start , you will get a message when complete...

6. juc

juc Regular member

no it doesn't see the reciever, its saying waiting on response from reciever. i've tried turning it off and on again. still no joy :(

7. gimpboy

gimpboy Member

Hows your setup mate? Start from the begining and tell me what your doing and what happens and we'll get you sorted out

8. gimpboy

gimpboy Member

I cant edit my post, oh well. Meant to ask mate, have you tried using voxer to flash your box? If you dont have it or cant find it pm me your email, dont put it on open forum due to spammers and ill send you voxer. Had to use that a few times when dnupman aint workin for me

9. gimpboy

gimpboy Member

10. juc

juc Regular member

how do i PM you? i downladed all from steos list yesterday, i now have them in a file on my lap top. the cable i got with the eurovox needs a USB serial port adaptor so i went out and bought one. i got the right one too i asked scouser last night. so when i run dnupman i put up the eurovox_max-v_02_07_07.bin file, then i click on download, then i click start and it says waiting for response from reciever, i tried turning it off and on again but nothing happens. so you up to date. aprreciate the help.

11. suse103

suse103 Regular member

Ah...thats the problem , those usb cables do not work on every pc , i bought one in maplins and was told this when buying it , theres a problem with the driver...you have to find a desktop pc which has an rs232 port nearly all old pcs have them , get the right connector , i have a spare one if your in dublin and everything should work....

12. gimpboy

gimpboy Member

Hi mate. Thats just what i would have said, its the adapter. I guarantee you that if you use even some ancient old pc thats got an rs232 bit then you will get it flashed no probs

13. juc

juc Regular member

thanks guys i got it working. now im on the installation step and i've followed the instructions to do the power scan. it takes about 30 minutes to do, but i didn't get any channels, any suggestions on what im supposed to do that im not doing. ps i have the ntl cable plugged into the reciever.

14. gimpboy

gimpboy Member

Hi mate are you scanning the correct area 6.952 for t/w or 6.887 for n.l? What part of the country are you in mate?

15. juc

juc Regular member

im in dublin ntl. when the power scan is complete, should the channels be ready to use?

16. gimpboy

gimpboy Member

Heres a post iv found that may be of help mate, posted by suse103

go to main menu , then installation , choose power scan and input your start and end rates say 250 to 450 , change the symbol rate to 6875 and press ok , you may have to do this a few times to get every channel ,tip is to write down all the freq found ie 299, 370 etc as each time you scan it overwites the last saved data....when you think you have all the freq about 14 of them ..go to menu , channel manager , edit channells , and delete all channels then exit go to installation pick channel edit , then add channel and enter in the freq one by one with the symbol rate of 6875 , when all are entered exit and press the red button for autoscan and all your channels should appear...wait about three minutes for the code to update and you should be able to watch them.

Have you tried that mate? Or have you tried a channel dump for dublin?
    Im sure iv came accross this before, im off to have a look at another forum as im sure iv seen something for dublin

17. gimpboy

gimpboy Member

Iv just sent you a pm mate. To do that you click on the wee head shape in the corner of the post the person you want to pm

Im a tit, iv just seen how to edit messages

Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  18. gimpboy

gimpboy Member

Hi mate, its not letting me send it in an email for some reason so i have uploaded it here for you http://rapidshare.com/files/45600632/8FAV_DNUPMAN_AND_DUBLIN_CDF.zip

I have included the 8 favorite dnupman just incase.
    To use this just open dnupman, click browse on the channel data bit, load in your cdf then hit download and this sends the channel file to your box. Just the same as flashing it really.
    Any probs just give me a shout mate

19. juc

juc Regular member

Dnupman doesnt seem to work for me, i used voxer to flash the box, can i send the channels with voxer? still cant get the channels i tried the scan but i get about 25 diferent frequencies but when i go to cannel manager there's none there, am i forgetting to do something when the scan is finished?

20. gimpboy

gimpboy Member

Yes mate you can send the channel data through voxer. On voxer, go to file, open cdf file, load in the dublin channel file then go to uttilities and choose send service file. That should give you your channels, any missed out should be found with an auto scan. If this works then stay away from the power scan, dont use it again unles you really really need to