1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still need help with hardcoding subs to an avi file .

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by AndyLaz, Sep 23, 2011.

1. AndyLaz

AndyLaz Member

I'm about to try a new program called DVDLABPRO . I looked over the instructions a member put up on how to use this with vobsub to save the sub to SRT, only I have a SRT and SSA file already . I'm thinking should I just convert the AVI to MPEG2 with WINAVI6.3 and then open with DVDLAB PRO .

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

I'm not sure.. you need Attar to see this and reply.. I would make a dvd iso with what is there and mount it.. then rip it to avi using acidrip (which hardcodes subs on the video by default as installed.. stupid thing) to achieve what you want to do.. but don't think there is a windoze version of acidrip :(

I know thats the wrong way to go about it.. just something I came across years back working on dumping psl control files for ripping protected dvd's

3. attar

attar Senior member

If you simply want to add hard subs to an existing AVI file, use AutoGK.
    Select the 'Input file' AVI source video.
    Select the 'Output file' path.
    'Ctrl F8' to get the input for the subs.
    Set 'Quality' to 75.
    'Add Job'.
    'Start'.

[​IMG]

4. AndyLaz

AndyLaz Member

Hi , I tried using autoGK and receive a message at the end of the conversion " virtual dub error . AVI output : The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process . Anyone ever have this issue , and does it sound like a virus related issue can keep a program from working properly ?

5. attar

attar Senior member

Maybe not virus related, perhaps interaction between your antivirus program and the codec (or VirtualDubMod).
    Turn off the antivirus program and run the job again.

6. AndyLaz

AndyLaz Member

It is a possible conflict with the anti- virus . I just installed the 2012 trial version of Kaspersky and it found no viruses , and then I ran Spyware Terminator and pulled up 219 malware , go figure . I'm about to give this another try tomorrow with the subs , thanks for your help .