1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still Stumped about Subtitles

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tinione, Apr 16, 2004.

1. tinione

tinione Member

Okay everyone, what's going on with me and subtitles? I am trying to make a backup of a movie that I own where some parts of the movie has the actors speaking in Japanese with English subtitles. Yet my ripped version does not contain any. I went back and unchecked the disable subtitles button in Shrink and played the movie in Shrink and still no subtitles. What am I doing wrong? I had this problem before but never corrected it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. aldav45

aldav45 Member

i'm still quote new to this too mate but if i were you i'd use dxd x copy (dare i say it). I know a few people don't like it but its all about personal preference and i've NEVER had any problems with it at all, it works perfectly for me every time. otherwise use shrink and leave ALL the boxes checked then hit the backup button.
    hope this helps.

3. eagleone

eagleone Guest

Hi Tinione.Im still new at this also butI did have the same problem.Actors were talking portugese for a minute or two in the movie yet no translation captions. On my original disc there was but not on my backup disc.By the way I only rip the movie itself.In preferences i have Hide audio and subpicture streams of insignificant size Unchecked - Stream Selections Audio and subpicture language both in English, Disable subpicture except menus and forced streams Unchecked. After shrink analyzed the original movie again i checked only the English boxes under subpictures and ripped it and it worked.Hope this helps.