1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stolen cover art sites..

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by felixtcat, Feb 18, 2008.

1. felixtcat

felixtcat Member

I am a dvd cover artist, and I recently joined a site that hosts dvd cover art for people who enjoy alternate covers to their dvd collections

I was shocked to find this site has ALOT of covers stolen from various websites that have offered their covers free to use BUT do not post on other sites without writen permission. I was shocked to find ALOTf my own artwork on this site that Charges its users a user fee for allowing them to download. due to a disagreement I asked to have my covers to be removed. and my account was deleted.

the site is called www.9covers.com

i think all cover artist who do art should contact this site to see if their art is being hosted on thier pay to download they claim they are
    high quality and do not post other peoples artwork yet the sites owner
    Sandman has posted my labels i designed as a companion set to a well known cover designer rick easton who he also has tons of his art on the site and makes people pay a membership to download files

i think its unfair to the people who actualy do the work, and he gets paid for our hard work

everyone should check the site out to see if your work is exploited on the site as its unfair to us. he clamed the reason i was deleted was my work was garbage, yet my ships of the line star trek lables have had many paid downloads. now they refuse to take them down

So its up to us to fight back for our work

artwork i have seen up there are from artist like net roadkill, cyberclown, and more with no credit given except the sites owner making money off us.

Felix-the-cat cover artist since 2000

2. esrever

esrever Regular member

At the bottom of the page it says: "
    THE DVD ARTWORK REPRESENTED ON THIS SITE IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY AND IS NOT TO BE SOLD OR USED IN THE SALE OF ANY DVD MOVIE.
    ALL LOGOS AND TRADEMARKS IN THIS SITE ARE PROPERTY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNER. ALL COMMENTS ARE THE PROPERTY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE POSTERS.
    THE ARTWORK AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE MERELY PROVIDES ALTERNATIVE CHOICES FOR YOUR PERSONAL USE."

I hope theyre telling the truth

3. felixtcat

felixtcat Member

the site owner sells memberships to access those covers. the owner offers the artist free accounts once they upload a bunch of covers/labels to prove they can contribute. then after refuse to take the art down if they are requested so if its my art and they simply delete me without deliting the art thats going againt his own "Statement" at the bottom how much money is this guy making off our work? and how many cover artist get screwed by him selling memberships and not offering to give us something back in return. i say all the big cover guys should boycot his site then maybe he will give us the respect that makes him rich. right? i know myself i am thinking of stopping doing covers/labels due to theft of my copyright. and i think anyone on that site who has paid for a membership request it back, because hes charging for stuff we put on the net free, so who is being suckered in. i have always offered my stuff free never charged a dime. and i dure the hell dint steal others art and claim it as his own. thats just lame, they are parasites feeding off others.
    they even stole the layout of thier site from the old generetic.org ang put his logo