1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STOP ME WHERE I GO WRONG??!!

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by thenry, Jan 28, 2004.

1. thenry

thenry Member

I'm a complete NOOB and I see most people recommending Video Vegas for Re-encoding. I saw four or five references to the software on C/Net from ca. $200 up to $550. Can someone recommend or point me in the right direction? I'm only looking to to minimal editing and then get the best DVD quality I can....not looking to be Spielberg. Thanks!!

2. RNF1968

RNF1968 Regular member

What exactly do you want to do? Backup your DVDs or create VCDs/SVCDs from your DVDs?

3. thenry

thenry Member

Thanks for the response. I'm looking to take the .avi files that I captured from my camera (assuming that's the best format) and then edit and transfer it to DVD for best DVD quality. The videos are nothing complicated....video of our new baby. Windows media player only allows re-encoding to MPEG1. Hope that clears up the problem

4. RNF1968

RNF1968 Regular member

Ok then. I use DVD Author from Pegasys Software. Its less than $100 and is fairly simple to use. Download the trial and see what you think. I have tried a few different ones and find this one to be the best/easiest. I see no reason to spend hundreds of dollars unless you ARE Spielberg! In which case he can afford it. :) Good luck!

http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tda.html

5. thenry

thenry Member

Thank You!!