1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

StoP the n00bage...just STOP!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by XxHaXx, Apr 2, 2004.

1. XxHaXx

XxHaXx Guest

This xbox thread has really gone down the crapper..I used to be enthusied with new challenges to answer, and read great questions. WTF has happened..every day I come in here I see "my xbox game dont work in my PC".."where do I get evolutionx".."do i need a modchip to play games"..I'm getting so tired of this BS. FFS n00bs do a freakin search..well glad I got that off my chest. Feel free to add.

2. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

*Bump*

We all need help at times, but some people dont help themselves by being bone idled.

SEARCH FUNCTION works

3. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

every forum that has ever existed should include some sort of an unavoidable "beginners notice" page when you sign up. Otherwise, how does some young kid know that a search function even exists? They might not even know that there is more than one page of threads.
    I agree, these questions are annoying, but they'll continue as the forum's popularity grows.
    So there should be a way of roughly educating newbs on forum use before they ever are allowed to post. I know stickies are up, but these people are new to afterdawn, and maybe even to the internet period, so you know they don't read them.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2004
  4. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

The key for NOOBS is research. I did it. All the guys have done it. Noobs need to READ! I stayed up late for two weeks reading formus. My wife was about to throw my xbox in a bathtub full of water. Thank the Lord I finally got it right. After my research I had questions and very cool members helped me out. Maybe we should start giving stupid answers to stupid questions ?!?

5. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

yep research can go a long way i too stayed up late and read pages and pages of info and i got everything to work on my first try installing my chip without any probs. Noobs please USE THE SEARCH FUNTION!

Bump

6. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

yea.. i agree and disagree..

searching at times is overwelming since there is a lot of contradicting information out there.. the hardest thing is finding and figuring out which sites and guides are accurate and which ones are not...

but sometimes people do need to just search themselves and figure out and ask for help when they're stuck..
    but we all be newbies at some point!
    just my .02
    peace
    seamonkey420

7. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

Hey Seamonkey, Just wanted to say thanks! A long time ago when I was just a wee lil' Noob I found your guides. They were a great help. You are right, there is alot of mismatched opinions out there. Anyways, THANKS!

8. simis69

simis69 Member

this is the new age where everthing is now ,now ,now. i know i wish i had a friend that does what i do!! but i don't and i have to learn everything by myself! and i know if i could have asked without getting bashed then i would have! your right people should read and learn and then there might not be as many post & reposts on problems and questions, i was a noob once too i knew nothing and forums is where i got all my info!! some are quiker than other.
    it makes no sense to get mad over a post that somebody made and that you read just don't read 'em no more!! and let the noods help the noobs!!! (and seamonkeys tutorials)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]xbox ,exacuter 2 lite, evo dashboad, mediaplayer 2.4.
    ps2 v7. magic 3.1 with clip.
    gameboy advance,fireburner,flash advance2 w/64 meg cart.
    P4 2.0 , HD. 100 gigs ,pc2700 1024mb,bfg geforce 4 128 ddr. sony dru 500 xa, HP cd writer.
    sony viao fx210[/small]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2004
  9. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

i'd like to say thanks to everyone thats checked out my site and also your welcome to those who i have helped.. and also thanks to those who have helped me (ie Dartnip, you da man!)

i agree with simis69 in that we do live in a society of needing everything NOW!!

its amazing, when i started xbox modding (about a year or so ago), it was still kind of underground, but as of like mid 2003, modding went mainstream and thats why we're getting some many repeat newbie questions... its not those who are 'super computer literate' doing these things but more of the avereage joe that saw it on 'techtv' and thinks its just a 1,2,3 bam your modded thing..

again , just my lousy .02 ... hehe.
    peace
    seamonkey420

10. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

sup seamonkey i just wanted to say that without your site i wouldn't have been able to do al the stuff i wanted with my box. GREAT SITE.

11. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

i just think that newbs have to search and read up, if they stil don't understand then they could post stating that they don't understand. you could tell when a person searched or not beacuse they wouldn't be asking a question thats already been answered on the same page.
    everyone was a noob once and asking questions is kool everyone on this forum is here to help, but u just have to read up so u won't get bashed ;)

12. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

You know what kills me is that I worked on this off and on for about two months. Granted, I didn't spend night and day but I ended up quitting for about three weeks because I was so frustrated. But, little by little and by using the search engine on here I began to figure things out. Now, I know more than I ever did. I have offered to help people on here by sending me a PM but I guess they would nust rather embarrass themselves by asking stupid questions and not searching. Oh well, suit yourself.

13. G4MERZO1D

G4MERZO1D Regular member

<me> pulling my hair out with all the n00bage!!! </me>