1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stop the witch hunt

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by DVDBack23, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

I hope this thread doenst get me in trouble but i feel it has to be said. Stop the witch hunt with the sigs. I dont appreciate getting PMs telling me if i make a sig over 50k im gonna get banned. Ive posted almost 2500 posts here, and lurk here with the respect of many. To get threatened over something so stupid is uncalled for in my opinion. Instead of going crazy taking down people's sigs, deal with the problem in the console forums (i saw dRd's post on it) and the loss of good members left and right. sorry to air this out here, but it had to be said.

2. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Im not tryin to start any unneeded problems either, but I also have been told multiple times to change my sig......granted once i was a bit over the limit, but the other was when my sig read 58 kB. I would normally not say anything, but there are so many other things that need to be resolved. The console forums are an absolute disaster, especially the psp forum. People instigate fights, flame others, and display complete disregard for the forum rules, but nothing gets resolved.

I will always follow what I am told to do because I love aD, but I feel that nit picking on things such as sigs that are a few kB over the limit should not be on the top of the hit list, as there are people in the game forums that are causing many dedicated members, like myself, to want to stop posting.

Again, this post is not out of disrespect, but rather how I feel about the current atmosphere of aD.

3. theridges

theridges Guest

So its just not me???
    thats why i said forget Signatures and use my Userbars which can end up being about 100KB all three userbars together.....like that makes any sense, but what does now..i like everything about the site and am here frequently but i did get really angry when i was getting PM's about my Sig...with all the people here who do stupid uncalled for things and the new ones that sign up everyday to do more stupid uncalled things, im Getting PM's about my Sig.Stop wasting time and do something that will help the site....i could understand it was over by 20 or 30 KB but 7 or 8 KB is nothing and we are the ones who frequent the forums...and are on here everyday helping the ones, who need it.......
    THERE TRASHING THE PLANET!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2006
  4. ireland

ireland Active member

there is no problem making sigs under 50kb..
    heres and example...
    use it as a temp plate..as i do..

28712kb

[​IMG]

heres another one i made off the same temp-plate
    this pixs was made in layers around 10....

20119kb
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  5. theridges

theridges Guest

its not making it under 50 kb its just the complaining when its 50.2 KB, there are a bunch of other things that can be done, other than telling us that are Sig's are .2 bytes over.....

6. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Yes, like ban the trillion immature people in the console forums who only try to make others lives hell. I try to help people, but it all goes to waste with flamers that like to critisize and out you down for your efforts. Enough is enough.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

i hear ya svtstang.
    I have been here for a while now and all i ever wanted to do is help people the way people helped me. Now i have mods who PM me about my sig being too big with a normal sig picture that i use on many other sites along with the writing you see now which just describes my systems.
    I hate when it has to come down to such petty things. I understand there has to be rules. But there also has to be a respect for the people here who actually help people. If you are a mod for this section of the forums that is great. But instead of just showing up to PM people and warn them, why not try posting a little and helping someone.

P.S. i just want to add there have been some mods that have been very nice to me during my time here and they know who they are, so do not think that this was in any way directed towards you.

8. ireland

ireland Active member

the solution to the sig pixs is to ask drd to increase the sig pix size to around 75kb...MAX...if ye can not make a sig pix under 50kb,MAX...

or have ye sig pix between 50kb to 75kb..MAX,PERIOD!!!!

remember drd set the sig rule in stone..its up to ye guys to ask drd to change it..

the rules and sig rules
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487#8235

also the sig rules were set so that those that are on dial up can load the page with out large pix files in the way..

9. theridges

theridges Guest

well who cares on dial-up you can see the words i dont remember any thread here other than tutorials where we were reading Sigs for the info we needed....

10. ireland

ireland Active member

you do not seem to understand it a heck of a lot easier to load a page on dial-up here if the page size is around 25k then a page that have over 300k in sig pixs.added in...

11. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

No disrespect ireland, but the sigs are not the true point here. The point is that dedicated members like ourselves are getting heat over a sig.....while POS flamers and people with intentions to make aD look bad are getting off easily.....it should be the other was around. We spend a lot of time posting here, and if all I get in return is PM instructing me that my sig is 8 kB to big, whats the point?

12. ireland

ireland Active member

svtstang
    i understand what ye mean,i do not use a sig..as that not important to me..

but ye do have a point,but the mods rule here..
    i do not send pms on sigs..its up to the site mods to do that..

i just wanted to show ye all sigs can be made to be below 50k and and made to look good..
    cheers

p/s i was playing with ye sig...

13. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

And I thank you for that ireland, im just a bit fed up with the current state of aD.

14. ireland

ireland Active member

svtstang
    There is no reason to be upset..heres ye sig in a smaller file size
    its 34367kb..
    [​IMG]

15. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I just thought I'd chip my 2 cents in on the subject. I have to agree with ireland. The rules are the rules. If it says 50kb then it has to be that or under. I dont agree with the statement that afterdawn addicts should be treated differently regarding the sig rule. I do think they should be given more time to modify/shrink their sig though. And not to "call you out" in any way theridges, but imagine your on dial-up and you cant get a page to load because everyone in that thread said, " Well my sig is ONLY __kb over...it wont make a difference", it does. I say either stick with the rules as they are or get a petition going in the safety valve and/or AD Feedback thread. People who think the sig rule should be changed can post requesting a sig size change and then drd can see for him/herself how many people want the rule(s) changed.

16. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

PeaInaPod, your missing the point also. Read the prior posts, and then comment. This is not about sigs, this is about the way aD is handling current affairs. People that cause trouble get warnings, other dedicated senior members and addicts get ban threats. Please read the thread then comment.

17. steimy

steimy Active member

what i do not understand is my sig size (picture) from what i see in the properties is only 11037?

18. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

Exactley PeaInAPod.......Just because you post alot doesn't mean you can break the rules.....No disrespect to anyone but if you don't like it just leave. There is always gonna be people like that. I can't believe that all this sh*t is over sigs! How about we ban sigs.......That will be a solution. I mean if you follow the rules this wouldn't be a problem, and besides dRD already posted that thread about the attitude of members in all of the console forums....It's a mods job to do the work. DOn't be bothered bye it....If you know that it is against the rules than just change it....No need to go balistic about it. If they raised the limit to anywere in the 50kb that people will have like 51kb and say it is just a tinybit over...I'm mean jeez it's sigs! My 2 cents

Edit" and svstang

This is about sig hence first post. And everybody is treated fairly......And some newbies only get warnings because they are new here(hence the name) Seniors and Addicts have been here way long enough to notice the rules and go bye them. And tons of newbies get banned all of the time anyway......And most seniors that get ban threats have been a problem for a while

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2006
  19. steimy

steimy Active member

yes, but as stated now a few times it is not just about sigs.
    Plus tocool4u, your sig picture is bigger in size than the one i was PM'ed about.

20. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

tocool4u,

WTF, you are dense also! THIS IS NOT ABOUT SIGS! Look beyond the surface!!!!!! I guess i give you too much credit, but you only see things at face value. We are angry cause we put forth more effort here than the majority of members, yet we still get more heat than the the idiots that are ruining aD. Why are people so dense?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.