1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storing games on hard drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Skilit, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Skilit

Skilit Member

Umm ive been reading some of these posts and some people are saying that you can store games on the hardrive so you dont have to carry the disks... But im still confused about how my friend got a shitload of burned games.. And I know I've posted 5 of these same messages already sorry but I gotto know.....

2. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

You need a modded Xbox with an upgraded hard drive to do so. I have some, PM or email me if you're interested.

3. Skilit

Skilit Member

well i already got the consloe and I ordered a mod chip off the net and my friend is going to do all that. I wanted to ask what is this about storing a games onto your hardrive??

4. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

If you use slayers evox auto-installer v2.5 or v2.6 there is a harddrive loader included v1.3a that lets you save original games. Other people use DVD2Xbox (also included in slayers). As for the harddrive, it's just a regular PC drive ( maxtor ect.) Once you know that your chip is working, replace the original HDD with a larger one and use slayers or x-disk auto installer to prepare(format) the large drive. The menu on the dashboard will let you start up the harddrive loader application.

5. Skilit

Skilit Member

Alrighty then. thnx. and where could I get one of these Upgraded Hard drives??

6. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

you don't buy one, you create it with the above mentioned software. It's very easy and don't let yourself be taken advantage of by someone who wants to sell one to you.

7. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

What I mean is, he won't be able to fit anything on to an 8GB stock hard drive. You can buy larger drives (e.g. 120GB which will hold 50-60 games) at most computers stores, any IDE drive will do..

Your friend will probably know how to set it up for you. If he doesn't just stick the drive in and use Slayers.

8. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

Hrdrk20, nobody's taking advantage of anyone here. From his post it was impossible to deduce whether had had a modded Xbox or not, or whether he had an Xbox at all.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]www.modder.ca - Mod Chips and Premods available locally in Toronto with shipping to all of North America.[/small]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
  9. Sugar3d

Sugar3d Member

Any HDD will do if you don't ever want to play Xbox live. IF you want to be able to turn off your mod chip and boot up with the MS Dashboard then you will need a hard drive that is lockable.

If you check Xbox Scene you should be able to find a list of lockable HDD.

Now if you have no idea what I mean by lockable, then you should not be installing your own HDD in the xbox until you do.

But lockable / unlockable is only important is you want to play live in the future.