1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

storing pics on dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by drmax, Jan 10, 2007.

1. drmax

drmax Member

Hello. There were a few places eligible to stick this thread so put it here. I wish to store jpeg or bitmap pics (under 1 meg pixel) to dvd or cd. What I have accomplished, using the latest free nero, is the following. I started with 12 pics. In multisession, I burned these pics. I put these in the dvd player and I was able to view them.
    I then took wrote an additional 12 pics to this dvd. Before taking out of PC, I viewed all 24 pics. When I put in dvd player, I was only able to view the original 1st 12 I put on dvd. What do I need to do different? Thank you kindly. DM

2. geburuh

geburuh Regular member

Sounds like you are using Burning Rom?
    Try a cd mode-you can use start & as you add pic use continue
    multi-session

3. drmax

drmax Member

4. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

A cd is fine for that many pics a dvd you can put about 10,000,000,000 just kidding a cd holds less than 1 gig (700 megs) a dvd holds 4.7 gigs both are fine its what ever you have when you want to backup your pics (cds are cheaper)(dvds hold more)

5. drmax

drmax Member

Yes I figured either was fine. Just not sure why I was unable to view all the photos I had put on. It used to be (or I thought it was this way) that before you were able to view the pics, you had to close out the cd or dvd. I just want to be able to continue to put pics on and view them when I want.

6. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

some burn programs allow you to add pics without finalizing so you can keep adding pics look for that option in you burn program