1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

strange dvd problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dmelife, Dec 2, 2004.

1. dmelife

dmelife Guest

hello everyone,

i appreciate the work u all are doing and i will try to be a part of this family.

i like watching movies a lot. i have seen five to six movies on a single dvd. the capacity of that dvd is 7.5 to 8 gb. there are no special features. but the subtitles work sometimes. they are neatly packed and labelled and lokk original but cost 1/4 only.

i bought a dvd writer, sony, dvd+r double layer, 16x.
    i tried copying this 5 in 1 disc. but i cannot copy it. the empty dvd is only 4.7 gb.

i tried reading the forums about dvd shrink and about fitting 3 dvd in one. but i dont get a clear picture.

so please tell me if i can make copy of this 5in 1 movie dvd which is 8 gb to a normal 4.7 gb dvd.

also if i have two such dvds with 10 movies , can i select 5 movies of my choice and make a menu and burn a dvd?

thank u

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Good God! 5 movies on one dvd! Are you mental or what!!! (just joking!!) The picture quality you would get would be unbelievably poor! I think the movies will be in cd version put onto dvd! Why do you want to squeeze so much on one dvd?
    If you want quality you will have to be happy with 1 per dvd. Otherwise prepare for a life where you will end up crosseyed & frustrated with the blocky effect the compression would have.

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

As pulsar said the quality is probably going to be poor if they over compressed the movies the first time. DVD Shrink will do the job and fit them on a dvd 5 blank but I would try a RW disc and see how bad the quality actually ends up. If the 5 movies were short ones to begin with then the original compression may not have been too bad. You can only try and see what happens.

Jerry

4. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

Mental and cheap is all I have to say. But wait I have more...nah just gas.

5. dmelife

dmelife Guest

hi

u guys can say all u want.

but seeing is believing.

the quality of the five movies on one dvd is as good as original. these dvds are in sale on the market. they are rumored to be produced in pakistan atleast one million copies a day. from there they are exported to the rest of the world.

new movies like alexander and blade 3 are not clear.
    but i have collection like matrix123, lotr123, t123,
    chucky12345,and police academy1234567. these are all on one single dvd each. the cost is only $5 per dvd.

i have checked these dvds on home theatre systems.
    they are perfect with subtitles too.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

So what you are say is you have purchased some illegal disks? Thats called black marketing! I have seen these disks before that dmelife is talking about. They don't actually look to bad, but DVD quality they are not, and a lot of them are someone sitting in a movie theater with a digital camera recording the movie. I saw these when I was in Iraq they have venders selling them all over.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Burners Nec 2500A
    Pioneer DVR 105

7. brobear

brobear Guest

If they're 8GB DVD and you're wanting to compress to 4.3GB for the DVD5 discs, you need something like Rebuilder and CCE Basic. The guides for it are here on the forum. As far as authoring that isn't for beginners. If you learn DVD Shrink, you can do portions of the disc. You'd have to learn how to edit and use the still image option for edit (not to be mistaken for still picture). You'll need to go to the Shrink section to learn those skills.

8. dmelife

dmelife Guest

hi guyz

thanks for all your sugestions. i tried using dvd shrink and i was successful. i did copy the 8 gb to 4.7 gb. and the quality is okay for the old movies.

but can anyone tell me how to make a menu with my pic and my links on dvd video

9. brobear

brobear Guest

You'd need a program like DVDLab or DVDLabPro to do menus. A friend of mine likes doing menus and he uses the LabPro.