1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange dvdr playback problem.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pk0912, Nov 16, 2003.

1. pk0912

pk0912 Member

Hi people. I have recently made some backups of 24 season one and lord of the rings. i am burning with LG GMA-4020B
    at 2x and using bulkpaq orange dvdr. I playback using windvd 5. anyway, things are basically fine but at some point usually after 2 to 2 and a hlaf hours of viewing the picture freezes and my hard disk light goes on permanently. I either have to close the program or the dvd goes back to menu. if i playback again it freezez straight away. however, if i switch disk to a different dvd drive (Same pc) i can play back from where i left off no problem. I'm guessing it's either the player or the media, any help would be great. sorry it's a long one, thanks a lot in advance...

2. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

media, definitely media. right time for a wobble to happen at the outer edges. Lots of poor media will have burn issues at the ends of movies due to the burn at the outer edges of the discs.

3. pk0912

pk0912 Member

ok thanks for the reply. don't suppose you can reccoment some good media to go with my dvd rw?

4. pk0912

pk0912 Member

sorry forgot to add... if i burn at 1x do you think that might help?

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

If you get good media & have the latest firmware you should be able to burn at X2 no problem
    I usually recommend Ritek G04 media myself , as that is what I tend to use on my Pioneer DVD-104.
    I burn to Ritek X4 (G04) even tho my RW drive is only capable of X2 ... it burns more reliably to X4 media at X2 than most other discs I've tried. JVC X2 DVD-R seem to be okay , but then I have latest f/w etc

6. pk0912

pk0912 Member

ok thanks for the help. i've updated the firmware and will try with the same media cos i still have a lot left and i have made some copies that have worked perfectly. thanks again...