1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange encoding problem

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Tompe, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Tompe

Tompe Member

I've used Gordian Knot for a while to encode and I am happy with the results.
    I've just finished encoding a video and the quality is good except for one thing.
    On the right side of the video there is a green line that goes from the top to the bottom.
    It's there all the time.
    If someone wants to see what I mean here's a short sample from the video.

http://w1.057.comhem.se/~u05700204/wtf.zip

Why did this happen?

The strange is that I cut out a small part of one of the Vob files and encoded about 1 minute and when I did there wasn't a green line.
    I have just finished encoding the whole video again (took 6 hours) and I still have that green line.

I have encoded this video before but with another program.
    Back then this didn't happened so the video is okay but something screws up.
    If anyone have any ideas why this happens I would be grateful or else I'm afraid I will have a sleepless night trying to figure this out.

2. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Interesting. Did you see this when you viewed the d2v file in Gknot? What settings did you use? What version of Gknot? Check out the doom9 forums as there have been some changes of late and may have been addressed there.

3. Tompe

Tompe Member

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

deinterlace before anything
    IVTC before anything