1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Eurovox problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by MURNAGS, Aug 26, 2007.

1. MURNAGS

MURNAGS Member

H, I've already got 2 eurovox's and have them set up correctly with all the 140+ channels. My friend recently got one and said I'd set it up for him. I've fixed his Eurovox frequencies and symbols to match mine but unfortunately the percentage bar will only go as far as 2% without any fluxuations at all just at 2% constantly regardless of what I do. I've treble checked that the frequencies and rest are identical and have tried to slightly vary the frequency also but with no joy. I've done a powerscan and autoscans and everything else I can think of.

Can anyone think of anything else it could be? as I'm at a complete loss and I would hate to see my friend spend the money on it for nothing.

I would really appreciate your 2 cent on this one.

Thanks

2. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Ok just a question for you

Is he using a splitter or got a modem connection

3. MURNAGS

MURNAGS Member

Hi sorry for the delay getting back to you,

I'm not sure what you mean, I basically have it hooked up to the back of our TV. I've had the problem Eurovox sitting on top of a working Eurovox and I've simply changed the 3 connections from the working to the problem EV (cable, scart, power) to the prob EV but unfortunately it won't work, I mean the problem Eurovox looks like it's working completely as in screen pages but when it comes to the percentage bar it will only go to 2% on all frequencies so there's no point in doing an autoscan. I set the prob EV up exactly the same as the working one and treble checked that to be the case but it still won't work even it's in the same house and using the same connection.

Any ideas would be appreciated ?

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

What versions are the two boxes you have, i.e 2006,2007 or 2008. And which one has the problem?

5. MURNAGS

MURNAGS Member

Both are 2007, there's a slight bit of damage to the "ant" connection at the back of the problem EV.. if that could affect it?

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No as the ant connection is for connecting to an aerial. I presume you are using the RF connection with cable. Although as you say there is some damage to the box, there may be a loose connection inside the box at the RF connector or worse still the tuner is fecked. Did the box take a bang or was it dropped?

You could open it up and check the solder connection at the back of the RF connector.

7. MURNAGS

MURNAGS Member

Yeah I'm using the rf connection. I don't know of the box taking a bang but yes the fact that the % bar isn't fluctuating probably suggests it's not connecting at all. I'll have a look at it.

Thanks for your help ScOuser

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Best of luck with it.