1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange glitch in CdR recordings

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Rotus7, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Rotus7

Rotus7 Member

I had been using a Lite-ON CD/DVD recorder and recently started getting what sounds like a skip on a record in my burned CD. These glitches occur at the exact same spot within a track on every CD I burn ( and I have burned way too many trying to get to the bottom of this). The CDs are not scratched in any way and play fine. I have purchased a new burner--a Samsung which came packaged with Nero 8. When I burn my MP3 discs with this burner, I get the same results with the glitches occurring at the same spots where it happened with the Lite-ON burner. I might add that if I play these discs back in my computer, I do not hear the glitches. I burn these discs primarily for use in my car. I work at a new car dealership and have played these discs in several other cars and do not hear the glitches in most of them--- Some cars I do hear it. None of the previously recorded MP3 discs (some 45 of them) have issues in my car-they all play just fine. Also--purchased CDs do not have any issues in playing in my car. I also bought a new pack of CDRs thinking that I had a run of bad ones. The newly bought CdRs do the same thing. I am totally stumped! Any ideas? Thanks

2. varnull

varnull Guest

All that tells me is the player is faulty. I have a philips player which skips forwards 1 second at exactly 43 seconds in.. on every disk. I need to open it up because I suspect there is something up with the lazer guide rails.. grit or a hair or something stuck on them.

3. Rotus7

Rotus7 Member

Thanks for your input. I highly doubt that it would be the CD burner itself since I did replace the burner. The new Samsung does the same thing as the previous one--a Lite-on. Any other ideas?

4. varnull

varnull Guest

did I mention the burner?

there is nothing wrong with your burns.. they work fine on every other player you have tried.. so it's the player at fault.