1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange problem with External hard drive

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by gabsta69, Jan 16, 2007.

1. gabsta69

gabsta69 Member

I have a Freecom 400GB external hard disk which works great, however, even though I have about 300GB free right now whenever I try to copy a specific file accross to it, it says it has run out of disk space. This does not happen with any other files so it makes me think that its the file itself.

Wanted to confirm and also if anyone had any ideas of how to resolve this. The type of file I am trying to copy has an .000 extension.

2. rogeball

rogeball Regular member

.000 doesnt seem like a valid file type. depending on what the file type is, change it to what you think it would be. then if that doesnt work which im sure it will work, consult the manufacturer for advice.

3. gabsta69

gabsta69 Member

thanks, i will try changing the extension and see if that works. If not I guess I will check with the OEM of the hard disk to see what they say.

4. navskin

navskin Regular member

hi i have the same problem my friend said try to commpress the file with winrar that might so i did then i copyed it over to the hdd then unrar and the file should be there.

give it a try you never know it might just work.