1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange problem with wmv-files (recorded from mlb.com - legally)

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by ms55571, Jul 8, 2007.

1. ms55571

ms55571 Member

I have been watching baseball from mlb.com for years. I record the game wmv-files with WMRecorder 11 and convert them to XVID with TMPGenc Xpress and watch them with my Creative Zen Vision:M and everything has worked fine till now. Now recording works as smoothly as before but corverting doesn't work. In every file I record, corversion stops exactly at 84.6%. The avi I get is complete, it's rewindable and all but the last 15.4% is missing.

Strange thing is that the missing part is always 15.4% of the file, not a certain number of frames etc. I have tried other conversion programs, f.ex. MediaCoder, WinAVI and SUPER and the result is always the same. I have also tried to fix the file before conversion by using ASF Repair and ASFcut with no effect.

When I watch the file with WMP, I can see the whole video without any problem, it is just the conversion that doesn't work.

What is the problem? Is there something purposefully added to the wmv:s by mlb.com to deny converting the files?

Please help. I'm getting desperate.

2. ugc

ugc Regular member

Not to long ago I was having some of the same problems you are running into on converting video. I was thinking it was software related, but turns out I had a hardware issue. My memory in my computer was going bad. It is something you can check for free.

http://www.memtest86.com/

3. ms55571

ms55571 Member

I don't think the problem is hardware related because files of same size from other sources than mlb.com can be converted normally.