1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

strange problem...

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by magicad, Oct 5, 2003.

1. magicad

magicad Member

so i burn a movie (with menu's)using dvd2one and nero...the resulting disc plays like a champ in my set top dvd player. but when i pop it in to my pc and use power dvd the menus will work but it freezes up when the content is about to be played. i tried windows media player and it will play the video but no audio. it seems wierd to me that my pc has problems and not the set top. when i burned with nero i just dropped all the files from dvd2one into the video ts folder and burned a video disc. Im just a noob to this so if anyone could help out that would be great.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You will find that to run on the PC, open up the VIDEO_TS.IFO folder as the main navigation folder. It should run ok. However, PowerDVD will prefer to play an ISO rather than a VIDEO_TS.

3. magicad

magicad Member

thanks for the help...I tried what you suggested but im not sure if i did it right. in windows media player i went to -file, -open, and then selected the video ts.ifo file out of the video ts folder. It opened but still no sound?? Is there a better dvd viewing program i should try?

4. magicad

magicad Member

I found a roundabout way to fix the problem...if i copy the files from the dvd to the harddrive, and then play the video ts.ifo file it works. dont know why it wont play from the disc...