1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange screen

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Gioz, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Gioz

Gioz Member

Hey,

I've tried to put subtitles in a movie. I got an mpeg file, what I can directly put on dvd right ?? But if click on the file to play it, I get this screen:

[big, black image]

Whats the problem ?? :(

Greetz, Gioz

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

There are thousands of possible reasons.
    The file which was bad is the 'input' file or the one you edited?
    Ah, aboid inserting huge image file, please, it's not necessary a very detailed precision when you show just a black screen....

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  3. Gioz

Gioz Member

It wasn't a black image. The screen what I got was full of colours.. little bricks with different colours and at the bottom I saw my subtitles.. Do you know where I can find a good guide who tells how to putt subtitles in an DivX ??? I've searched a lot of times on the i-net but all I found was one good guide and even that didn't work out good.. :(

Any idea where I can find a guide for putting in subtitles ??

Greetz, Gioz

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Corruption. Simple answer. Unless YOU CREATED the corruption part, there is nothing you can do. You're lucky if you manage to use the movie.
    Ah, for the guide, there's one in http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/ and I have made a more detailed one, did you ever watch http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/143574 ? PM me your e-mail address (don't post it due to spammmers; send an email capable to receive 3 MB attachments) and I'll email it to you.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005