1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streambox: finding address of stream?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by harrypt, Apr 28, 2005.

1. harrypt

harrypt Member

OK, here is the problem. I saved a *_wrap file, opened in wordpad and found another url. Plugged that url into my browser and got a download of another file which had the address of the stream. Downloaded one stream successfully and then realized I had not installed Realplayer on this computer. So I installed Realplayer.

Now when I download a *_wrap file and plug the url into my browser, it just opens realplayer and I cannot find the address of the stream. What to do?

Also can't figure out how to use Intercept. Any help on that?

Thx

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

There are many different methods. Intercept doesn't work very well and no one really uses that.

You could use Project URL Snooper or other URL snooper of packet sniffer software.

You could download the redirectors with recording software or a download manager and open them with Notepad to see the source code. Once you have installed the player you cannot download them with the browser.

You can use one of several different methods to view the source code on-line.

Go to the link below and start with the FAQ forum.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2005
  3. harrypt

harrypt Member

Thanks for the reply. I tried to keep reading and figuring this out for myself and downloaded URL snooper last night. It installed fine but when I go to open it, I get a wincap.dll missing. So I went to the net and got that dll file, installed. Then it told me I was missing another .dll. I am frustrated.

And all this trouble when all I really need is to get a redirect webpage to download without starting realplayer. argh!