1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streambox VCR download speeds?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Moda, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Moda

Moda Member

Been using streambox vcr to get a few broadcasts but they download at a really low rate, does this mean the server is capped because im on 600k adsl (usually 55k/s download). It takes around 3 hours to download a 40mb real audio file.

rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/1xtra/mixtape_sat.ra

thats the rtsp link, would help if you could try it out and post results.

Thanks

Also is there any other progs to download rstp streams?

2. jpearn

jpearn Member

Hi,

Just tried your link, I'm gettting 30-35k/s download. I'm curious how you managed to get the .ra file link from on the 1Xtra show site, as I've been trying to download from these also to save me recording it every Tuesday and Sunday nights.

Jason.

3. Moda

Moda Member

nearly all the recent 1xtra sessions are ready for listening or download ;) at the 1xtra site click on listen live and then u can select all the sessions on the right, if you want the rtsp link then play the session you want and then disable ur internet connection and real player should show you the source, you could also use urlsnooper but i dnt like all the extra progs.

If you need any extra help with it let me know as im always downloading all the streams at 1xtra, mehul_moda@hotmail.com