1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streambox VCR & movie88.com

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by sei, Feb 4, 2002.

1. sei

sei Guest

Hey, I downloaded Streambox VCR, patched it up and tried it on some clip somewhere, and it works nice!
    But I can't get it to work with the movies at www.movie88.com unfortunately!

When you start watching a movie there, a file named special[1].htm shows up in your cache, and that file contains the URL to the .rm file!
    It doesn't work if you just paste that URL into your browser or download manager, but it DOES play if you paste it into Realplayer!

However, it does NOT work if I paste it into SVCR, how come? I have applied the Stealth Mulder patch...

If it works in Realplayer it should work in SVCR too, don't you think?!

Any help greatly appreciated, please mail me at

seizetsu @ mangakai . org

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Real might have developed their format further and added additional security levels and as Streambox is really a product from 1999, it's getting rather old.

3. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

You may want to try using URLsnooper, which is like a packet sniffer and Streambox integrated into one. Very nice tool for finding the actual .rm objects from those nasty scripted realmedia files. I can't recall where I got it from (it's freeware), I'll post it if I can find it (I seem to rememeber that VCDhelp.com had a link to it...).

4. jnihil

ttp://cool.sj.net.cn/%7Esouxin/software/TMPGEnc-2.51.33.127-Plus-EN-souxin.zip

5. jnihil