1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streambox VCR recording password protected files

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by zeefauna, Sep 2, 2002.

1. zeefauna

zeefauna Member

Can streambox VCR download files that needs logging in? I have access to the movie/website but cannot use Streambox to record the movie to my computer. Please advise.

2. byrd5424

byrd5424 Guest

Try this

1) get the url to the file.
    go to the site, start viewing the movie. now you should be able to find the link in your temp internet files.
    .... or, just use URLsnooper [geocities.com].

2) Get streambox
    Now you should have the link to the .rm file, you need to save the file. For this I used StreamBox VCR [geocities.com]. Get the latest beta and patch and crack as instructed. Test the program on some file. If you have problems, there is a manual here [tiscali.nl]

3) patch streambox
    you can try on the .rm file, but you will get a http error before it manages to save the file. The problem is the user agent, as targo explained. Streambox sends a mozilla header, not a realmedia header, so you will have to hex edit streambox. So get a hex editor (eg ultraedit [ultraedit.com]), open the vcr.exe file and ctrl-f to find (ascii) the string "mozilla". When found, CAREFULLY replace

"Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows NT; CNETHomeBuild051099; DigExt)" with
    "RMA/1.0 (compatible; RealMedia)" - followed by 44 white spaces, so you dont change the size of the file!

4) get the file
    now save and run vcr.exe file, get the file. streambox should now send the proper header, and you should be getting the file.
    I had to change "amount of attempts" to unlimited, and I lost the connection once... but it worked.

3. pheleh

pheleh Member

need help in hex edit streambox. i dont what to do. i open the vcr.exe file and ctrl-f to find the string mozilla, but noting happened.i have the hex program
    please can u explain more details how to do it?