1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

StreamBox VCR v1.0 beta 3.1 SMF+ Update v2 not working

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Azufan, Jun 30, 2003.

1. Azufan

Azufan Member

I am wondering if someone can help me. I downloaded StreamBox VCR v1.0 beta 3.1 SMF+ Update v2 in a zip file. I put the vcr.exe and interceptor.exe into a folder and then put the crack fr_svcrb31smf_crack.exe into that folder. I clicked on the crack and successfully got the 808 bytes written and patched. But, when I double click on the vcr.exe application, I get a window asking for my name, email, and password. As far as I can see, I did everything correctly in Afterdawns unofficial user manual. Is there soemthing I am missing? Please help me.
    Thanks.

2. hagendasz

hagendasz Member

Hi !
    Annoying, it is !
    try the following:
    close StreamBox,
    execute regedit
    search for StreamBox
    open the setup Tree and edit the account props.
    then reopen Streambox
    et voila it should run...
    Hagen

Last edited: Jul 3, 2003
  3. Azufan

Azufan Member

Hagen -
    I'm afraid I'm not too knowledgeable in this stuff. Umm..I don't know but, is regedit the registry editor? Cause if it is, I got into it and was able to find streambox under the software, but I can't figure out how to open the set up tree and edit the account props. Could you please go into a little more detail? Thanks for all your help. :)

Azufan

4. hagendasz

hagendasz Member

Hello Azufan !

hm, you're very close to it, if you've located the Streambox Entry under software in the left part of the window simply doubleclick it (or the "+"Box ) and it will expand its tree: then doubleclick the "StreamBox VCR 1.0" Entry, it will expand itself and click the setup Entry: there you will find your account entries on the right side... otherwise run the uninstall ".reg"file by doubleclicking of the dl'ed zip archive and install all from scratch
    nice weekend, it's friday !!!
    Hagen

5. jackperse

jackperse Member

Hagen,

I have the same problem as Azufan. I use Windows XP. I did what you wrote but I do not know what I should edit exactly. I found in the setup tree 3 files called "account.*" (.email, .name, . pass) and 1 file "account.use"). Do I write something in these files?

thanks in advance
    patryk

6. jackperse

jackperse Member

Ok.

I got it. Sorry I am so stupid :) It was too obvious :) Anyway. Thank you Hagen.

patryk