1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streambox ?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Stagabak, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Stagabak

Stagabak Member

I keep getting this message "Connecting error 10060, Connection timed out." can someone help me?

2. Jollywall

Jollywall Guest

I have the same problem too during the registration process. I see no one has provided a solution yet. I've tried registering it at all hours of the day over several weeks now. Does anyone know how to get past this time out problem so we can start using Streambox? Thanks!

3. Jollywall

Jollywall Guest

I have the same problem too during the registration process. I see no one has provided a solution yet. I've tried registering it at all hours of the day over several weeks now. Does anyone know how to get past this time out problem so we can start using Streambox? Thanks!

4. afarid

afarid Guest

does anyone have a solution for this? Ive been having the same problem for days!!

5. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Without knowing what you are trying to download and what version of StreamBox VCR you are using, there is nothing I can do to help.

Click on the link below and read the FAQ's.
    If you still have problems post a message there giving some details about what you are trying to download. A web page where you play the video and the URL you are using in StreamBox VCR.

6. afarid

afarid Guest

ok lemme describe my problem, thanks a lot for your reply!

I'm using StreamBox VCR 1.0 Beta 3.1, I downloaded it as part of the Streambox VCR Suite. I patched it and did the SMF, but anytime I try to connect to a stream, I get "Connecting error 10060, Connection timed out" in the log. Its the same story with HIDownload, I can only seem to connect to it with realplayer. Ive tried changing the HIDownload user-agent to what I saw in a post somewhere, but it made no difference. Also, increasing the idle timeout didnt help, it doesnt reach the full idle timeout before disconnecting anyway.

Thanks for your help, I honestly didnt think anyone would reply.

7. Caer

Caer Guest

I too have this problem anyone have a solution or something??

8. JBChris

JBChris Member

Same here. Anyone have a solution?

JB

9. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Yes, I have a solution. In most cases it involves learning how to use the software. The solutions are fairly easy but you do need to spend some time reading and learning what you are doing.

Let's try this again.

Without knowing what you are trying to download and what URL you are using and what protocol you are using and what version of StreamBox VCR you are using, there is nothing I can do to help. Most problems have to do with using the wrong URL or using the wrong protocol or wrong version of StreamBox VCR.

The StreamBox VCR Suite you should be using.
    StreamBox VCR Suite v2.0
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_capture_tools/streambox_vcr_suite.cfm

StreamBox VCR download problems or no video problems.
    http://p084.ezboard.com/fstreemeboxvcrfrm7.showMessage?topicID=4.topic

Also click on the link below and read the other FAQ's.
    There is also more good information on the other forums there.
    If you still have problems post a message in the General or StreamBox forums giving some details about what you are trying to download. Please give URL's for web page where you play the video or audio and the URL you are trying to use in StreamBox VCR. Also tell the version of StreamBox VCR and the protocol you are using.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The best information on streaming media recording.
    The Streaming Media Recording Forum.
    http://p084.ezboard.com/bstreemeboxvcr[/small]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2004
  10. deepv

deepv Member

Here is my case:

I am using StreamBox VCR suit 2.0, in which I used 1 beta smfTurbo,smf+, trying to load from http://www.e-type.se/, the clip "Africa".
    Redirected to: rtsp://qstream-rm.qbrick.com/00307/EType-Africa_512k.rm
    and after 20 sec I got a timeout.
    I used RTSP, MMS(TCP) and MMS(HTTP).

I keep getting "Connecting error 10060, Connection timed out"

11. Veblin

Veblin Active member

deepv

rtsp://qstream-rm.qbrick.com/00307/EType-Africa_512k.rm
    I had no trouble downloading that with Streambox VCR.

You may be one of the many people who have an ISP that causes recording problems for a particular protocol. In some cases you can get around this by using an alternate port. Try these.

RTSP using HTTP port 80.
    rtsp://qstream-rm.qbrick.com:80/00307/EType-Africa_512k.rm

RTSP using PNA-PNM port 7070.
    rtsp://qstream-rm.qbrick.com:7070/00307/EType-Africa_512k.rm

12. deepv

deepv Member

Thanks Veblin, it did help, and that is I guess the answer to all the people asking at this thread.
    I used port 80. First time I downloaded a file that was only 3.5M long and when I watched it showed still video frames, but at the second try, I got the right file (13.5M).
    Do u know why some ISPs cause recording problem? Is it done on purpose?