1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

streamed vids always buffering

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by akira247, Feb 22, 2007.

1. akira247

akira247 Member

only recent while streaming vids of various game or youtube sites,the vids have started not to load constantly,there always buffering every 15 secs or so,it never used to do this,only recently,running xp2 4meg down speed,also top speed down on torrent no probs

2. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

my guess is are you using wireless

if so dont also run disk defragmenter and your virus scanner you may have spy ware

3. akira247

akira247 Member

not on wireless,isp is blueyonder,connected ethernet.thought at first was spyware takin bandwidth, but after various scans pc clean,havent had problems streaming clips before,pc had recent reformat though,something might of changed.

4. basquiat

basquiat Regular member

are you downloading torrents at the same time? that could clog your bandwidth specially if your uploading.

5. akira247

akira247 Member

yeah doin torrents,but not at same time though,just a thought my network provider the other day,has merged with 2 or three other companys,and my Home page and everything has changed,im now with Virgin Media, it might be a problem on there side.just a thought..

6. YesYou

YesYou Regular member

You probably have a spyware/ virus on your machine as well...

7. akira247

akira247 Member

im replacing my Antivirus suite at the end of the month for the new 2007,so will have to wait and see if it helps,i have done various scans though and online scans,thanks for help