1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

streaming recorder, and winavi convertor, pls advise

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by cynn, Mar 3, 2007.

1. cynn

cynn Regular member

Is anyone out there using a good quality software to record streaming on the internet? Or anything free that's good? Would u recommend WM Recorder but it is quite high priced. Would appreciate advise.

Im also thinking of getting WinAVI as convertor. Good decision?

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Streambox VCR Suite is free, but it is illegal for Finnish web sites to distribute it so this site stopped hosting it in 2005. It is illegal, so I am told, in the USA, mainly because of its Real Media features. I am not here to preach and I cannot make that decision for you. If you're the kind of person who wants to do the right thing and obey the law, then you shouldn't be thinking of downloading streams anyway. So you won't be looking for it via any fairly obvious methods, will you?

You can read what Afterdawn has to say about it here

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_capture_tools/streambox_vcr_suite.cfm

WinAVI is OK, especially if you want to make DVDs. It's faster than some other video converter apps I have used.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007