1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

streaming webcam to same pc

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by abrogard, Jul 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abrogard

abrogard Regular member

How do I stream my webcam video to the same pc - i.e. the pc the webcam software is on, the pc the webcam is physically connected to.

You might ask why? As I can obviously see the webcam output right there.

Ah, yes, but this pc is running IIS and is therefore a webserver, too, and using my IP I can connect to it when I'm away. And I do. And I would like to see the webcam output.

I have Timcam, which is good, but the author, helpful and friendly though he is, apparently thinks my question so stupid he won't answer me.

And I have googled far and wide and seen heaps of stuff about streaming video - most of which, nearly all, concerns streaming to another computer somewhere, across the web.

Timcam has its own easy setup streaming but it's like that, too, built for streaming over the web. I've tried and tried changing it here and there to make it do it but it don't work.

Is there some reason it can't be done? Like the hardware/software concerned with the streaming prevents the same hardware/software reading the stream and displaying it?

regards,

ab :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.